[visionlist] 3-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in Behavioral Neuroscience or Neurobiology

Alexandra List alist at hamilton.edu
Fri Feb 10 10:32:00 -04 2023

The Psychology Department at *Hamilton College* invites applications for a
three-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in* Behavioral
Neuroscience *or* Neurobiology*, beginning July 1, 2023. Candidates who are
ABD will be considered, although candidates with a Ph.D are preferred. The
candidate would contribute to our interdisciplinary program in
Neuroscience. In particular, we seek candidates who use rodent models in
their teaching and research program. The teaching load will be the
equivalent of five courses per year, including some combination of
fundamentals of neurobiology, a laboratory course in behavioral
neuroscience or neurobiology, topical courses in the candidate’s specialty
area, introductory statistics, and supervision of year-long student
research projects. We seek candidates who can demonstrate their experience
teaching or working with diverse student populations. Your cover letter
should address the ways in which your teaching, scholarship, and/or service
would engage and sustain Hamilton’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.

The Psychology Department, consisting of nine faculty members (four who
contribute heavily to the Neuroscience Program), has a strong tradition of
excellence in teaching and research, and is housed in a state-of-the-art
unified science center. Please visit our websites at
https://academics.hamilton.edu/psychology and
https://academics.hamilton.edu/neuroscience for additional information
about the Psychology Department and Neuroscience Program.

Candidates should go to HamiltonCollege Job Opportunities
<https://www.hamilton.edu/offices/human-resources/employment/job-opportunities>
and search for Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology
<https://apply.interfolio.com/121108>and submit the following to Interfolio
(job: 121108): (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vita, (3) statement of
teaching philosophy and experience, (4) research statement, and (5) the
names and contact information for three references who have agreed to
provide letters of recommendation upon request. Questions regarding the
search may be directed to Jennifer Borton, Acting Chair of Psychology, at
jborton at hamilton.edu. Review of applications will begin *March 15, 2023*.

Hamilton (*www.hamilton.edu* <https://www.hamilton.edu/>) is a residential
liberal arts college located in scenic upstate New York. Applicants with
dual-career considerations can find other Hamilton and nearby academic job
listings at
https://www.hercjobs.org/regions/higher-ed-careers-upstate-new-york/, as
well as additional information at
https://www.hamilton.edu/dof/faculty-development/resources-for-prospective-or-new-faculty/opportunities-for-spouses-or-partners
(Opportunities for Spouses or Partners). Hamilton College is an affirmative
action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all
areas of the campus community. Hamilton provides domestic partner benefits.
Candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education are especially
encouraged to apply.