[visionlist] Call for papers - Special issue: Interactive perceptual imaging
p.macneilage at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:16:16 -04 2023
This special issue of the *Journal of Perceptual Imaging* focuses on *
interactive perceptual imaging*, in which the presentation of sensory
information is contingent on user action. These techniques are fundamental
to many imaging systems, including Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality.
Any research using interactive paradigms to investigate perception during
action is relevant to this special issue. Candidate topics include:
• Rendering of visual or auditory stimuli contingent on head movements.
• Rendering of visual stimuli contingent on eye movements.
• Rendering of haptic/tactile stimuli contingent on finger and hand
movements and gestures.
• Research on tracking methods that enable user interaction, including the
tracking of head, eye, hand, or body movement.
• Research on wearable display systems for active users.
• Research on latency between the detection of user movement and display of
the contingent stimulus.
• Research on motor control and adaptation mechanisms that predict the
sensory consequences of motor actions and evaluate how predictions deviate
from rendered stimuli.
*Submission deadline: March 15, 2022*
Paul MacNeilage, University of Nevada, Reno, Guest Editor
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist