[visionlist] Art in Conversation: synaesthesia in art

Марина Иосифян marina.iosifyan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:15:03 -04 2023

Could you please share this on Vision list?

========================

Art in Conversation (ArC) is a multidisciplinary seminar series on art
hosted by the University of St Andrews. The seminar already brought
together 48 leading researchers and art practitioners to discuss different
perspectives around a set of core themes that are relevant to art:
https://artinconversation.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk/

This year, in collaboration with The International Association of
Synaesthetes, Artists, and Scientists, ArC is organizing a special issue on
synaesthesia in art in September-December 2023:

https://artinconversation.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk/art-and-synaesthesia/

We will be hosting art practitioners with synaesthetic experience in
conversation with academics. The ArC seminars will focus on olfactory art
(perfumery) and visual art (design and cinema). Each online seminar will
feature two pre-edited video essays (approx. 20 min each) about
synaesthetic artistic practice and research, as well as a live Q&A session
involving the practitioner and academic that contributed to the videos.

We invite academics in psychology and neuroscience with experience in
empirical research in cross-modal aspects of 1) perfumery/olfactory art; 2)
film; 3) design/product design. Please contact us before 31 March 2023 if
you are interested in taking part in one of these seminars:
mi59 at st-andrews.ac.uk

Best,
Marina Iosifian (she/her)
Senior Research Fellow, PhD