[visionlist] Post Doc position on Human Motion Tracking and Behavior analysis - IIT GENOVA, ITALY [Jobs]
Pavis at iit.it
Mon Apr 3 11:37:23 -04 2023
Post Doc position on Human Motion Tracking and Behavior analysis
PAVIS LAB - https://pavis.iit.it/ Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Location: Genoa, Italy
Commitment & contract: minimum 24 months - temporary contract
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society.
Our Genoa headquarters are strictly interconnected with the other 11 centers around Italy and two outstations based in the US. We promote excellence in basic and applied research such as neuroscience and cognition, humanoid technologies and robotics, nanotechnology, materials for a truly multidisciplinary scientific experience.
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group where Computer Vision and Machine Learning researchers, Engineers, and Physicists collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research. The Pattern Analysis and Computer Vision (PAVIS) Research line is coordinated by Alessio Del Bue leading a team of more than 20 people working on advancing the state of the art in Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
The research focuses on novel computational models related to Deep Learning, Geometrical Computer Vision, Scene Understanding, and Augmented Reality with the aim of solving challenging problems of relevant practical application.
The research will be carried out in the framework of the project funded through the PNRR: RAISE “Robotics and AI for Socio-economic Empowerment”
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
- Investigate new Deep Learning methods based on visual and multimodal sensors data for long-term tracking with a special focus in human behavior understanding and human-object interaction analysis
- Work in collaboration with a team of research engineers to create and deploy assistive AI systems in sensorized environments with national and international stakeholders in the health sector
- Supervise PhD students.
- A PhD in Computer Vision, Computer Science, Machine Learning, and similar disciplines
- Documented experience on Deep Learning
- Strong programming ability (Python preferred)
- Experience with Deep Learning tools such as Pytorch, Tensorflow etc
- A relevant publication record
- Ability to work as part of a group developing ideas and collaborating
- The ability to properly report, organize and publish research data
- Documented experience in coaching junior scientists
- Good command in spoken and written English
- Experience on either:
- Video Tracking (Objects and persons)
- Human behavior analysis
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem-solving attitude
- High motivation to learn
- Spirit of innovation and creativity
- Good in time and priority management
- Ability to work in a dynamic and international environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a highly interdisciplinary environment
- Competitive salary package for international standards
- Private health care coverage
- Wide range of staff discounts
- Candidates from abroad or Italian citizens who permanently work abroad and meet specific requirements, may be entitled to a deduction from taxable income of up to 90% from 6 to 13 years.
WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?
An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you with open arms. Discrimination is a big NO for us!
We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what other people are up to in our labs!
If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your relocation!
If you are a startupper or a business-minded person, you will find some exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude and aspirations.
If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to the improvement and well-being of society!
We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!
If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and apply!
Please submit your application using the online form https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2300002J and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
Application’s deadline: 30.04.2023
The Selection processes will be managed in compliance with the provisions established in Article 7 of the Funding Decree 1053 del 23.06.2022
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia. Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone Tel: +39 010 28961 - email: dpo at iit.it - kindly note that this e-mail address is exclusively reserved for handling data protection issues.
Please, do not use this e-mail address to send any document and/or request of information about this opening).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist