[visionlist] Postdoctoral position in OSU Vision & Cognitive Neuroscience Lab

Golomb, Julie D. golomb.9 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 24 13:27:45 -04 2023

A postdoctoral position is available in Dr. Julie Golomb’s Vision & Cognitive Neuroscience Lab (https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/) at The Ohio State University. Research in the lab explores the neural mechanisms of visual perception, attention, working memory, and object recognition. We focus on how object features and locations are perceived and coded in the brain, and how these representations are influenced by eye movements, shifts of attention/memory, and other cognitive factors. The lab is supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and the Ohio Supercomputer Center. We use a variety of methodologies in the lab, including human psychophysics, neuroimaging (fMRI and EEG), gaze-contingent eye-tracking, TMS, and computational analyses (including model-based decoding and encoding of fMRI/EEG).

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science), strong quantitative and technical skills, and shared interests in one of the core research areas. Experience with fMRI and/or EEG and model-based analyses is highly desirable. Proficiency in programming is necessary (e.g. Matlab or Python).

OSU is home to a vibrant community of cognitive neuroscientists, computational modelers, and vision scientists in the Psychology Department and Center for Cognitive and Brain Sciences, as well as interdisciplinary interactions with colleagues in engineering, computer science, optometry, and neuroscience. The Psychology building houses state-of-the-art fMRI and EEG facilities, both equipped with EyeLink eye-tracking systems. OSU is located in the heart of Columbus, a lively and affordable city.

Start date is flexible; we are looking for a postdoc to begin roughly Fall 2023, though earlier and later start dates will be considered. Applicants are asked to send a CV, a brief statement of research interests, the expected date of availability, and the names and contact of three references to golomb.9 at osu.edu<mailto:golomb.9 at osu.edu>.

**We at the Golomb Lab work to create an integrative and collaborative space in which all individuals are valued and given the best chance to succeed – regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. We celebrate the diversity of our members and of our community.**

---
Julie Golomb, PhD
Associate Professor of Psychology
Cognitive Neuroscience Graduate Program Head
The Ohio State University
https://u.osu.edu/golomblab/