[visionlist] Postdoc position "Accurate detection of precise spiking motifs in neurobiological data"

PERRINET Laurent laurent.perrinet at univ-amu.fr
Thu May 4 11:57:54 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

Applications are welcome for a fully funded post-doctoral position at INT<http://www.int.univ-amu.fr/?lang=en> in Marseille<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marseille>, France. Your mission will be to build an algorithm for the accurate detection of precise spiking motifs in neurobiological data. The project is funded by the polychronies<https://laurentperrinet.github.io/grant/polychronies> grant (AMX-21-RID-025) and will be coordinated by Laurent Perrinet<https://laurentperrinet.github.io/> along with Thomas Schatz<https://thomas.schatz.cogserver.net/> (theory) and Rosa Cossart<https://www.inmed.fr/developpement-des-microcircuits-gabaergiques-corticaux-fr> (neurobiology). [TL; DR= Get more details at  https://laurentperrinet.github.io/post/2023-05-01_postdoc-position_polychronies.]

[featured.png]

© [Motion Exposure](http://www.motionexposure.com) - Stephen Orlando. With permission by the artist.

Candidates should have experience in computational neuroscience, physics, engineering, or related fields, and a strong background in machine learning. The candidate must have good computer science skills (programming skills, git versioning, …) Python programming experience is required. A multidisciplinary background would be highly appreciated, especially an advanced knowledge of mathematics. The candidate must have a strong interest in neuroscience. The candidate must be fluent in English and willing to proactively interact with partners in different communities, including theoretical neuroscience, machine learning, or neurobiology. The preferred candidate should have the ability to work autonomously and be flexible to adapt to the working methods of the supervisors.

To obtain further information, please visit https://laurentperrinet.github.io/post/2023-05-01_postdoc-position_polychronies. To candidate, contact me @ Laurent.Perrinet at univ-amu.fr<mailto:Laurent.Perrinet at univ-amu.fr> and provide a synthetic letter of motivation and a CV. I always respond, usually in less than one week, so please contact me again in case you did not hear from me. Ideal starting date is October 1st, 2023, but may be flexibly arranged to suit the candidate. The appointment is for 18 months and applications are welcome immediately.

Thanks for distributing this announcement to potential candidates!

Laurent