[visionlist] Postdoc, PhD and Master in visual neuroscience at Université de Montréal (Canada)
matthieu.vanni at umontreal.ca
Thu May 4 18:26:57 -04 2023
Postdoc, PhD and Master in visual neuroscience at Université de Montréal (Canada)
The Neurophotonics lab of the School of Optometry of the University of Montreal is looking for postdoc and graduate students interested by our programs in Vision Sciences, Neuroscience or Biomedical Engineering. Our projects focus on the plasticity of cortical maps and functional connectivity in different models of blindness and stroke affecting visual functions. We are also interested in the spatial coding of information in the context of Brain/Machine interfaces and the development of neuroprosthesis to restore vision. We use a platform for measuring and manipulating brain functions in mice performing visual cognitive tasks in combination with neurophotonic approaches such as calcium imaging (macroscopic or multi-photon) or optogenetics. We are also interested in the development of technologies applied to neuroscience, in collaboration with companies.
The financial support of the lab will guarantee a scholarship for students and postdocs who do not yet have the support of funding organizations.
1) You will need to have training or lab experience in at least one of the disciplines below:
- Neurophysiology (including calcium imaging, electrophysiology, ...). In the case of postdoc application, expertise in neurophotonics is mandatory (such as: calcium imaging, in vivo multiphoton microscopy, optogenetics, etc.)
- Computational Neuroscience.
- Behavioral measurement in animals
- Biomedical Engineering (e.g. 3D design/printing, electronics, etc.)
2) You must have a preliminary experience in data analysis (with Matlab or Python ideally)
Send your CV and cover letter (and any other documents you think could be relevant: transcript, achievement, etc.) to Matthieu Vanni: matthieu.vanni at umontreal.ca<mailto:matthieu.vanni at umontreal.ca>
École d'Optométrie - Université de Montréal
3744, rue Jean-Brillant, Montréal, (Québec) H3T 1P1, CANADA
matthieu.vanni at umontreal.ca<mailto:matthieu.vanni at umontreal.ca>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist