[visionlist] Postdoc Position in Visual Neuroscience / Neurostimulation in Giessen, Germany

Daniel Kaiser danielkaiser.net at gmail.com
Thu May 25 08:01:00 -04 2023

Hi everyone,

I have a postdoc opening in visual neuroscience and neurostimulation in my
lab at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen, Germany. The position can
be filled from August 2023 (with some flexibility in the starting date) and
is for 3 years.

The position is funded by the DFG research grant “Probing prefrontal
influences on the emergence of visual category representations”, carried
out in collaboration by Prof. Daniel Kaiser (www.danielkaiser.net) in
Giessen and Dr. David Pitcher (www-users.york.ac.uk/~dp859/Pitcher_Lab) at
the University of York, UK. The postdoc will be based in Giessen.

The project seeks to understand interactions between frontal cortex and
visual cortex during visual categorization by combining TMS
neurostimulation, psychophysics, EEG, and fMRI.

This is a great opportunity for a candidate who ideally has prior
experience with neurostimulation as well as EEG and/or fMRI for addressing
questions in (visual) cognitive neuroscience, very good programming skills
(matlab/python), and a strong interest in the brain mechanisms of visual
perception.

Beyond our lab, Giessen offers a unique world-class community of vision
researchers, who centrally involved in to two large-scale research
consortia working on a variety of topics in perception and action
("Cardinal Mechanisms of Perception", www.sfb-perception.de/index-en, and
„The Adaptive Mind”, www.theadaptivemind.de). Our research group provides a
supportive and collaborative atmosphere and excellent opportunities for
discussion and training.

As a city, Giessen is a small but lively university town close to Frankfurt
with a high proportion of students.

The official job ad can be found here (application deadline on 6th July):
https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/ausschreibungen/wissenschaftliche-mitarbeiter/339-07-englisch

Please feel free to forward the job ad to potential candidates. I'm very
happy to answer any questions on the position, the project, or our lab -
just get in touch over email: danielkaiser.net at gmail.com

Cheers,
Daniel.

--