[visionlist] Postdoc position in material perception and layer decomposition

Dicle Dovencioglu dicled at metu.edu.tr
Tue Jun 6 02:33:37 -04 2023

Postdoc position in material perception and layer decomposition

Dear Vision Science community,

One postdoc position is available at Middle East Technical University (METU <https://www.metu.edu.tr/general-information>), Department of Psychology, Ankara, Turkey, to work on a three-year project titled “Material Properties of Dynamic Shapes”. The project is funded within the scope of the Research Universities Support Program Cooperation Protocol (ADEP) with the Turkish Presidency of Strategy and Budget.

If you are interested in working on shape and material perception, layer decomposition, image processing, computer graphics, transparency, motion, and/or optic flow by using psychophysics and fMRI techniques, get in touch with me: dicled at metu.edu.tr <mailto:dicled at metu.edu.tr>. Experience with any of these, and with programming are all major benefits.

The PostDoc position is available immediately, it is initially for two years, with the potential to be extended. The candidate must have received their Ph.D. within the last seven years. Salary is 20000-25000TL per month after tax. Turkish language proficiency is not required.

METU has over 28000 highly successful students: Our department accepts only from the top 0.01% of approximately 1.5 million applicants taking the National University Entrance Examination. The university also has a strong track record of attracting funding from government agencies and private foundations.

The cost of living <https://iso.metu.edu.tr/en/cost-living> is relatively cheaper in Ankara, especially if you are living on campus. We are located on a self-sustaining 45 square kilometers (17-mile squares) campus with a forested area of 30 square kilometers (12-mile squares) including its very own lake, Lake Eymir. On this campus, there are also 19 dorms, many shops, restaurants, cafes, banks, a medical center, museums, libraries, a kindergarten, a college, and other facilities including outdoor and indoor (Olympic) pools, over 13 tennis courts, fitness centers, football fields, and more <https://www.metu.edu.tr/sports-facilities>…

Please feel free to distribute this and contact me for further inquiries!

Best wishes,
Dicle N. Dövencioğlu, PhD
Assistant Professor

Department of Psychology