[visionlist] [Postdoc] [Sydney/Australia] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience

Tijl Grootswagers T.Grootswagers at westernsydney.edu.au
Mon Jun 19 02:33:18 -04 2023

Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience, MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development

About Western

Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll be part of an organisation that’s ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide and is a research leader – with 85% of the University’s research being at or above world standard. We understand the key to your success is unlocking your true potential – just as we do with our students. Our 3,000 staff members work together to enable a dynamic, inclusive and innovative culture that is distinctly research-driven and student-centred.

About the Role
The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development is seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative scholar to this one year Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience.

The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will be contributing to a project that combines neuroscientific and behavioural methods to investigate the neural processes underlying human visual perception.

The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development is an interdisciplinary research institute of Western Sydney University. The vision for the Institute is to optimise human interaction, and wellbeing across lifespan. We strive to solve the problems that matter most through the themes: sensing and perceiving, interacting with each other, and technologies for humans. Researchers in MARCS come from many disciplines including cognitive science, developmental psychology, language science, music science, cognitive neuroscience, and biomedical, electrical, electronic and software engineering.

The Institute consists of three Research Areas - the International Centre for Neuromorphic Systems, Brain Sciences (including Speech and Language, Multisensory Communication and Music Cognition and Action research programs) and Biomedical and Human Technologies (including Biomedical Engineering and Human Machine Interaction research programs). The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will join the Brain Sciences research program.

The Institute is committed to a culture that embraces equity and a diverse and inclusive community where everyone participates in a safe and respectful environment.  We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities.

Further information is available from our website – http://westernsydney.edu.au/marcs.

For further information about this role, please refer to the position description.

Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you must have a relevant doctoral qualification, or substantial progress toward completion of a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience, Experimental Psychology, Computer Science or a related discipline.  You must also have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a team player and supervisory skills.

Culture
Western Sydney University highly values equity and inclusiveness. We have a proud history of doing so and consider this an important part of our social and civic responsibilities as a University. We strive to contribute to tackling inequalities and promoting wellbeing within our own institution, the Greater Western Sydney region, nationally and internationally.

Benefits
Western Sydney University has long been identified as a University of the people. We value the contributions made by our staff and recognise that they underpin the enablement of our mission and values. In return, we offer:

• 17% super contributions
• Multi-Campus opportunities
• Salary Packaging options

Remuneration Package: Academic Level A $103,304 to $124,808 p.a. (comprising Salary of $87,293 to $105,464 p.a., plus Superannuation and Leave Loading).

Position Enquiries: Please contact Dr Tijl Grootswagers via email t.grootswagers at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:t.grootswagers at westernsydney.edu.au>

Closing Date: 8:30pm, Monday 3 July 2023.

Working Rights in Australia - Eligibility
You must provide evidence of your fulltime working rights in Australia for the full term of the appointment at time of application.

Please click here to view Position Description<https://uws.nga.net.au/publicfiles/uws/jobs/AB669BC9-6641-FCDD-3041-D1AAB36D1E95/%5bA%5d%20Postdoctoral%20Research%20Fellow%20in%20Cognitive%20Neuroscience_May%202023_updated%20(2).pdf>

For more information and details on how to apply, please visit the University vacancies page<https://uws.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.jati&returnToEvent=jobs.home&jobID=AB669BC9-6641-FCDD-3041-D1AAB36D1E95&audienceTypeCode=EXTiFRAME&UseAudienceTypeLanguage=1>.