[visionlist] Call for papers for 2nd MICCAI workshop on "Cancer Prevention through early detecTion" (CaPTion @ MICCAI2023)

sharib ali ali.sharib2002 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 10:09:27 -04 2023

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our 2nd workshop on "Cancer Prevention through
early detecTion <https://caption-workshop.github.io/miccai2023/>" (CaPTion
held in conjunction with MICCAI2023), which is going to take place as a
satellite workshop event at #MICCAI2023 in Vancouver.

Workshop subthemes:

1. Early detection and diagnosis of cancer: learning algorithms for lesion
detection in medical images, staging, risk assessment, prediction of cancer
outcome (in terms of life expectancy, survivability, progression, treatment
sensitivity)

2. Image-guided therapy for cancer treatment: Image fusion, multi-modal
registration, detection, segmentation, and tracking, computer-guided
interventions, augmented reality for tumor delineation

3. Real-world data exploration for cancer prediction: Big (imaging) data
and analytics, active learning, semi and self-supervised learning,
model-agnostic meta-learning, federated learning for (sparsely labeled)
multi-centre data.

4. Cancer biomarkers: new predictive (visual) biomarker discovery in
medical images, tumor data signatures, personalized cancer treatments,
genomics and radiomics.

*5. Clinically accepted evaluation methods:* Identifying new evaluation
metrics or gold standards (e.g., compared to widely used Dice or IoU
metrics), sample size standardization, best practices for validation, image
simulation and synthesis techniques to train more robust deep learning
models for cancer detection.

We are honored to have distinguished invited speakers in our workshop who
are working alongside computational methods for cancer detection,
diagnosis, and treatment:

• Prof. Anne Martel, University of Toronto, Canada

• Sir Mike Brady, University of Oxford, UK

Important dates:

• 30th June 2023 =>  Paper submission deadline

• 12th July 2023 => Notification of paper decisions

• 20th July 2023 => Camera-ready paper version

• 12th October 2023 => Workshopevent at MICCAI2023
<https://conferences.miccai.org/2023/en/workshops.asp>

Submit your paper here: CMT for CaPTion at MICCAI2023
<https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/CaPTion2023>

Please visit our website for further details:
https://caption-workshop.github.io/miccai2023/

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/CaptionWorkshop

Please forward this to your group members, colleagues, students and your
collaborators.

Organising team:

Sharib Ali (Uni. Of Leeds), Fons van der Sommen (TU/e, Eindhoven), Maureen
van Eijnatten (TU/e, Eindhoven), Bartek Papiez (Uni. Of Oxford), Yueming
Jin (National University of Singapore) and Iris Kolenbrander (TU/e,
Eindhoven)