[visionlist] Vision and Depiction 2024 - Delft

Maarten Wijntjes M.W.A.Wijntjes at tudelft.nl
Thu Jun 29 17:12:14 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

From 7 to 9 February 2024 we will organise the conference Vision and Depiction in Delft (the Netherlands). It can be seen as the successor of two previous conferences called The Skin of Things, which focussed on the perception and depiction of material properties. During these conferences we enjoyed contributions of vision and computer scientist, art historians, philosophers and contemporary artists.

While we maintain interest in material depiction, this new conference aims to broaden the scope to include topics such as texture, colour, light, and space. We are also interested in exploring the interaction between the physical aspects of pictures (the medium) and perception. Furthermore, we are curious about the integration of semiotics or iconography within the context of vision and depiction. Once again, we hope to attract a diverse mixture of scientists, scholars, and artists.

For more info about the envisioned scope, please visit our website at https://visionanddepiction.github.io <https://visionanddepiction.github.io/>

Important dates:
Abstract submission opens: 15 October 2023
Abstract submission closes: 15 November 2023
Notification of Acceptance: 30 November 2023
Early bird registration: 1 December 2023
Conference: 7-9 February 2024

As we plan a number of invited lectures, we will send out an updated call for submissions, providing more details about the program, likely after the summer break.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at this email address or visionanddepiction at gmail.com. Also, feel free to forward this email to anyone you think might be interested.

All the best,
Maarten Wijntjes