[visionlist] Jobs: Faculty: UK: Aston University: Psychology

Andrew Schofield a.schofield at aston.ac.uk
Tue Jul 25 07:11:38 -04 2023

Aston University (Birmingham, UK) is seeking to appoint three Lecturers (Assistant Professors) to contribute to, develop and enhance the research and teaching activities of the School of Psychology / Medical School.

£39,347 to £43,155

These posts are open-ended positions.

Closing date 23:59 BST 24th August 2023

Two of the posts are based in the School of Psychology and are open to any area of teaching / research in Psychology.

One post is a joint appointment with the Aston Medical School and will lead and contribute to the social and psychological aspects of health and patient safety curriculum across Years 1 and 2 of the undergraduate MBChB (Medicine) programme. This post will contribute to research in Psychology.

The School of Psychology forms part of the Institute of Health and Neurodevelopment and contributes strongly to the Aston Research Centre for Health in Ageing.

Our world-class research facilities include:

  *   The Aston Neuroimaging Facilities (ANF) including a 3T MRI, 306 Channel MEG various EEG systems, Magstim TMS system (single-pulse, repetitive), and a Starstim HD tES-EEG system. Both our MRI and MEG suites have PROPixx 1440Hz, 3D capable projectors and TRACKPixx 2kHz binocular eye trackers.
  *   The Aston Laboratory for Immersive Virtual Environments (ALIVE) with a dedicated VR facility that includes the world's largest rectilinear CAVE, a Vicon 12 camera motion capture lab, omnidirectional treadmills, driving simulator, and various head-mounted displays, portable EEG equipment.
  *   Family friendly Neuropsychology Assessment Labs.
  *   The Aston Nutrition and Behaviour Laboratory (ANBL), which includes dedicated kitchen facilities, a child friendly observation room with Tracksys multi perspective observation system and Observer software including Facereader.
  *   An ensuite sleep laboratory.

You may be in the early stages of their academic career but should demonstrate an established track record of research excellence and publications appropriate for their stage. You should also possess a track record in securing research funding, or the potential to attract such funding, with a clear ambition to develop programmes of research that will be recognised internationally as excellent.

Joint post: Working alongside an open and inclusive group of Psychologists, biomedical Scientists and Clinicians who also deliver accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Psychology and Aston Medical School. You should have some experience of undergraduate or postgraduate teaching.

We encourage you to contact the Head of Psychology, Professor Richard Tunney (r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)<mailto:r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)> or Dr Claire Stocker (MBChB Phase 1 Lead, c.stocker at aston.ac.uk<mailto:c.stocker at aston.ac.uk>) for an informal discussion about the posts before applying.

Psychology Posts: You will work alongside an open and inclusive group of Psychologists who deliver accredited undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Psychology. Some experience of undergraduate or postgraduate teaching is required for this role.

We encourage you to contact the Head of Psychology, Professor Richard Tunney (r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)<mailto:r.tunney at aston.ac.uk)> or Dr Charlotte Pennington (c.pennington at aston.ac.uk<mailto:c.pennington at aston.ac.uk> ) for an informal discussion about the posts before applying.

In addition to the above contacts I am also willing to discuss these posts informally. a.schofield at aston.ac.uk<mailto:a.schofield at aston.ac.uk>

Our web site at http://www.aston.ac.uk/hls/ provides further details about the College of Health and Life Sciences, the Aston Research Centre for Health in Ageing (https://www.aston.ac.uk/research/hls/archa), and the Institute of Health and Neurodevelopment (https://www2.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research/groups/aston-institute-of-health-and-neurodevelopment).

Best wishes
Andrew
Everybody's work pattern is different. It sometimes suits me to send e-mails out of hours but I don't expect an immediate reply.
Professor Andrew Schofield
Director of the Aston Research Centre for Health in Ageing (ARCHA),
Director of Operations, Psychology,
College Director of Research Degree Programmes.

School of Psychology
Birmingham, B4 7ET, UK
0121 204 3313
a.schofield at aston.ac.uk<mailto:a.schofield at aston.ac.uk>