[visionlist] Call for papers: Symposium on the Mathematics of Neuroscience. 28th Sept-1st Oct 2023, Rhodes, Greece.

Ruairidh McLennan Battleday battleday at princeton.edu
Sat Aug 5 00:09:44 -04 2023

Fourth International Symposium on the Mathematics of Neuroscience.
28th September - 1st October 2023, Old Town, Rhodes, Greece.
—----------------
Call for papers
—----------------

We invite submissions for this year’s conference on the mathematics of
neuroscience:

www.neuromonster.org

In this exploratory symposium, we present and discuss general mathematical
models of brain function. We give priority to those models that account for
brain or behavioural data, or provide simulations to that effect.
Submissions will be assigned to either a short talk, spotlight talk, or
poster presentation.

*Keynote Speakers*
Professor Aapo Hyvärinen (University of Helsinki)
Professor Janneke Jehee (Donders Institute)

*Session Chairs*
Biocomputation: Professor Dan V. Nicolau (King’s College London / Oxford)
Probabilistic models: Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday (Harvard / MIT)
Neurotheory: Dr James Whittington (Oxford / Stanford)
Representational alignment: Dr Ilia Sucholutsky (Princeton)

*Confirmed Talks*
Professor Andrew Adamatzky (UWE)
Professor Dan Nicolau Sr (McGill)
Professor Bill Thompson (Berkeley)
Professor Bradley Love (UCL)
Dr Thomas Parr (UCL)
Dr Ilias Rentzeperis (SNRC)

The symposium will be held virtually or in-person on the island of Rhodes,
Greece from the 28th September - 1st October 2023 (www.neuromonster.org).

Submission is by 250-word abstract before the 27th August 2023, emailed to
the session chairs at battleday at thinkingaboutthinking.org, indicating the
desired session.