[visionlist] [Job] Post-Doc Fellow at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA

Yuichi Motai ymotai at vcu.edu
Mon Aug 7 17:39:50 -04 2023

Seeking outstanding candidates to contribute to our research and
academic endeavors.

Position Details:
Position: Post-Doc Fellow

Research Area: Computer Vision, Data Science, and AI
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
Location: Richmond, Virginia, USA
Engility: US citizen, or green-card holder (permanent residential visa)
Application deadline: Open until filled
Duration: up to 4 years
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Based on the federal guidance and university policy

Responsibilities:
As a Post-Doc Fellow, you will have the opportunity to:
1) Conduct cutting-edge research in the fields of computer vision and
AI, with a focus on generative models;
2) Collaborate with our esteemed faculty members and contribute to
ongoing research projects;
3) Publish high-quality research papers in top-tier conferences and journals;
4) Mentor and collaborate with graduate and undergraduate students;
5) Participate in relevant academic and research activities, such as
workshops, seminars, and conferences;

Qualifications:
To be considered for this position, applicants should meet the
following qualifications:
Hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a
related field;
Have a strong research background in machine learning, computer vision and AI;
Possess a track record of publications in top-tier conferences and journals;
Demonstrate proficiency in programming languages commonly used in
computer vision and AI research, such as Python, C++, etc.
Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch)
and image processing libraries (e.g., OpenCV) are highly desirable;
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
Excellent communication and teamwork abilities;

About the University and Department:
The Virginia Commonwealth University is designated a Carnegie
Research-I University, one of only three in Virginia to be ranked in
this top tier of national research universities. National Science
Foundation data on federally funded research and development
expenditures place in 50th place out of more than 600 institutions
ranked. Our faculty members at the Department of Electrical and
Computer Engineering are internationally recognized experts in their
respective fields, and we offer state-of-the-art facilities and
resources to support cutting-edge research.

Application Process:
US citizen, or green-card holder (permanent residential visa) is
required for this position. To get more details about the position and
the application procedure, please contact Prof. Yuichi Motai
(ymotai at vcu.edu)