[visionlist] Fw: Position Vacant - 4772/23 Charter Hall Chair in Human Neuroscience | MARCS Institute and School of Medicine, Sydney, Australia

Tijl Grootswagers T.Grootswagers at westernsydney.edu.au
Mon Sep 4 11:54:31 -04 2023

Ref 4772/23 Charter Hall Chair in Human Neuroscience, MARCS Institute and School of Medicine

·        Charter Hall Chair in Human Neuroscience

·        Located in the new Westmead Innovation Quarter – a visionary research, health, education and business hub located in the Westmead Health precinct.

·        Full-Time, Ongoing Position

About Western

Working at Western Sydney University means you’ll be part of an organisation that’s ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide and is a research leader – with 85% of the University’s research being at or above world standard. We understand the key to your success is unlocking your true potential – just as we do with our students. Our 3,000 staff members work together to enable a dynamic, inclusive and innovative culture that is distinctly research-driven and student-centred.

About the Team
The School of Medicine believes that advances in medicine rely on advances in knowledge. Our research activities include working in laboratories at a molecular level, improving educational practice with medical students, working with patients in outpatient clinics at local hospitals, and working with Aboriginal medical services in rural and remote areas. Researchers in the School of Medicine come from many disciplines including behavioural neuroscience, neuroimmunology, neurophysiology, pharmacology, anatomy and neuropathology. Further information is available from our website - https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/schools/som

The MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development is an interdisciplinary research institute of Western Sydney. The vision for the Institute is to optimise human interaction and wellbeing across the lifespan. To strive to solve the problems that matter most through the themes: sensing and perceiving, interacting with each other, and technologies for humans. Researchers in MARCS come from many disciplines including cognitive science, neuroscience, developmental psychology, language science, music science, and biomedical, electrical, electronic and software engineering. The Institute is committed to a culture that embraces equity and a diverse and inclusive community where everyone participates in a safe and respectful environment. Further information is available from our website - http://www.westernsydney.edu.au/marcs

About the Role
We are looking for a Chair in Human Neuroscience to join the MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development and the School of Medicine, Western Sydney University. Charter Hall are collaborating with Western Sydney University to bring transformational change to the health and wellbeing of the people of Western Sydney. Drawing on the combined strengths of the MARCS Institute for Brain, Behaviour and Development and the School of Medicine and the multidisciplinary approach they provide, Charter Hall have provided investment to support this leadership position – Charter Hall Chair in Human Neuroscience, based at Western Sydney University.

The Charter Hall Chair in Human Neuroscience will be responsible for leading, promoting, and developing research excellence with particular emphases on human cognitive abilities and their disorders. The research will investigate the functioning of the human brain in both health and disease. The Chair in Human Neuroscience will bridge domestic and international collaborations to strengthen Western Sydney University research capacity and standing in human neuroscience. The Chair will lead research on sensory and cognitive disorders across the lifespan using cutting-edge neuroimaging methods while guiding and training future generations of researchers.

The position will work with the University, Institute, and School leadership teams to address local and national research priorities including forging new collaborative partnerships with external organisations to tackle critical health issues and attract research funding. The Chair will have a well-established program of research and successful track record of competitive research funding, including medical funding.

Please review the position description for further information.

If this sounds like an opportunity for you, we want to hear from you! Apply now ensuring you carefully address each of the selection criteria in your application. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities.

Remuneration Package: Academic Level D/E
Academic Level D $190,689 to $209,441 p.a. (comprising Salary of $161,573 to $177,601 p.a., plus Superannuation and Leave Loading)

Academic Level E $243,832 (comprising Salary of $206,995 p.a., plus Superannuation and Leave Loading)

Position Enquiries: Please direct specific enquiries regarding the role to Professor Kate Stevens via email marcs.director at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:marcs.director at westernsydney.edu.au>

Recruitment Enquiries: Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the Recruitment Team at recruitmentpartnerships at westernsydney.edu.au.

Closing Date: 8:30pm on Thursday 12 October 2023.

Immigration Sponsorship: Employer Visa sponsorship will be provided if required.

Please note, only those applications submitted via the WSU online recruitment system will be accepted.

Click here to view Position Description<https://uws.nga.net.au/publicfiles/uws/jobs/AE80AE68-E79E-A3B9-8DA0-D1ECD66E5BCA/E%20Charter%20Hall%20Chair%20in%20Human%20Neuroscience%20-%20V4%20(002).pdf>

For more information and details on how to apply, please visit the University vacancies page<https://uws.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.jati&returnToEvent=jobs.home&jobID=AB669BC9-6641-FCDD-3041-D1AAB36D1E95&audienceTypeCode=EXTiFRAME&UseAudienceTypeLanguage=1>.