[visionlist] Reminder - abstract submission deadline Vision and Depiction = 15 November 2023

Maarten Wijntjes M.W.A.Wijntjes at tudelft.nl
Thu Nov 2 05:16:34 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder to submit your abstract for Vision and Depiction (deadline = 15 November 2023), which we organise from 7 to 9 February 2024 in Delft (the Netherlands). The scope includes the depiction and perception of formal elements such as texture, colour, light, space, material, etc, includes the interplay between (physical) medium and (perceived) motif and aims to address the relation between the formal elements and semiotics or iconography. This ambitious scope relies on your participation, so we look very much forward to contributions from various disciplines and topics.

We are very excited to host a group of artists and scientists that represent both the core and the breadth of Vision and Depiction. While we may add one or two extra, we can now confirm the participation of the

…artists:
- Persijn Broersen and Margit Lukacs <https://www.pmpmpm.com/>
- Joost Swarte <https://www.joostswarte.nl/>
- Janne Schimmel <https://janneschimmel.com/>

... scientists:
- Ann-Sophie Lehmann <https://www.rug.nl/staff/a.s.lehmann/?lang=en> - Art History
- Hannah Smithson <https://www.psy.ox.ac.uk/people/hannah-smithson> - Vision Science
- Paul Pettitt <https://www.durham.ac.uk/staff/paul-pettitt/> - Archeology

... and our special guest:
- Tim Jenison <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim%27s_Vermeer>

For more information please visit our website https://visionanddepiction.github.io <https://visionanddepiction.github.io/>. For any questions, please reach out to visionanddepiction at gmail.com <mailto:visionanddepiction at gmail.com>.

On behalf of the rest of the organisation, Nim Goede and Catelijne van Middelkoop, we look very much forward to your contribution and participation!

Maarten Wijntjes