[visionlist] ECVP 2024 in Aberdeen (25-29th of August)

Hesse, Constanze c.hesse at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 07:12:34 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are proud to announce the 46th European Conference on Visual Perception that will take place in Aberdeen, Scotland from Sunday 25th to Thursday 29th of August 2024.
Our website is now online: https://ecvp2024.abdn.ac.uk/. Aberdeen is Scotland’s third largest city, right on the heels of the worldwide famous Scottish Highlands, and it is within easy reach thanks to its own international airport (with regular connections to Dublin, London, Manchester, and Amsterdam), railway station (Eastcoast mainline from London), and ferry terminal.

THE PROGRAM
The conference will feature a mixture of keynote lectures, symposia, talks and poster presentations, and tutorials over five days. The social program will include the Welcome Reception, a poster session with associated whisky tasting, the Illusion Night, the Conference Dinner, and a Farewell Party. This year, for the first time, we are also introducing Perceptio-Nite (a networking event targeted at students), an exciting series of roundtable discussions during lunchtimes, and a third Keynote Lecture on new relevant findings in vision science (Spotlight in Vision).  Prior to ECVP, we will be also hosting the Visual Science of Art Conference (VSAC, 22-24th of August) at the Old Aberdeen university campus. More information will soon be available at www.vsac.eu<http://www.vsac.eu>.

SUBMISSIONS AND DEADLINES
Submissions will be available in form of symposia proposals, posters or talks in forms of abstracts, and contributions to the Illusion Night. More specific symposia information will be circulated in a few weeks.
Detailed information can be found at https://ecvp2024.abdn.ac.uk/submission/registration/

Symposium submission opens:
December 10th
Symposium submission deadline:
January 19th
Registration opens:
February 5th
Abstract submission deadline + Early Bird registration:
April 5th
Abstract acceptance + Travel Awards notification:
May 31st
Illusion Night submission deadline:
June 24th
Late registration deadline:
mid August

ECVP and ECEM
We are aware that the recently announced dates for ECEM coincide with the ECVP conference in Aberdeen. As customary, the ECVP 2024 dates were announced two years in advance during the ECVP 2022 business meeting to facilitate planning for attendees. We understand that the ECEM recent decision was based on their local organisational issues; we share the disappointment of those who are unable to support both meetings. We have reached out to ECEM organisers to find a solution in the interest of the vision community and will get back to the vision community as soon as we can/know more.

ECVP 2024 is strongly committed to be a welcoming, respectful, and inclusive conference where you are inspired and supported in your scientific goals (see our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion statement https://ecvp2024.abdn.ac.uk/conference/edi-statement/).

We look forward to welcoming you to Scotland!

Mauro Manassi and Constanze Hesse
(on behalf of the organising committee)

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.