[visionlist] Join us for today's Webinar on Eye Movements at 12:00 EST

Christina Schwarz c.schwarz at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Dec 12 10:05:00 -04 2023

Dear Vision Researchers,

please join the Vision Technical Group for a webinar on *Eye Movements*.
The event takes place *TODAY at 12-1 PM* - Eastern Time (UTC - 05:00)
via Zoom. Our two speakers will be *Susana Martinez-Conde* from SUNY
Downstate Health Sciences University and *Michele Rucci* from the
University of Rochester.
Please register here:
https://osa.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_DODRgKoPSu6qdHmLojs5lw#/registration

Eye movements are critical for vision, attention, and memory. They
determine what we see, attend to, and remember about our environment.

In the field of physiological optics, the effect of eye motion on
perception has been largely overlooked. For scientists interested in
measuring the eye’s optics, and designing optical corrections (e.g.
spectacles, contact lenses, intraocular lenses and corneal refractive
surgery), drawing a straight-line from optical properties to perceived
image quality has always been challenging. Taking into account
neuroscience for optical engineering might bring us one step closer to
accurately predicting visual performance.

What You Will Learn:
• What kind of eye motion there are
• Whether and how they are beneficial for vision

Who Should Attend:
• Anyone interested in visual perception
• Vision scientists and engineers who wish to better understand the role
of eye motion in vision

Hope to see you there!
Christina Schwarz
on behalf of TG Vision