[visionlist] PhD position on the perception of causality in Berlin

ohlsvenx at hu-berlin.de ohlsvenx at hu-berlin.de
Tue Jan 23 04:42:03 -04 2024

A fully funded 3-year PhD position (salary level E13, 75 %) is available
in the newly established Heisenberg Group (The Mind in Action Lab,
https://mindinaction.github.io) of Sven Ohl at Humboldt-Universität zu
Berlin, Germany. In the DFG funded project, we will study the perception
of causality using psychophysics, eye-tracking and virtual reality. We
will collaborate with Martin Rolfs and rolfslab.de at Humboldt-Universität
zu Berlin. Preferred starting date for this position is 01 APRIL 2024,
(but we will also consider applications with preferences for a later
start).

The lab’s core research areas include the interplay between action (e.g.,
eye movements) and visual cognition. We like to develop new psychophysics
experiments in that domain and combine them with a broad range of tools
including eye-tracking, high-speed projection systems, VR, EEG, ECG, and
applied statistics.

We are seeking a motivated PhD student with a Masters degree in a relevant
field (e.g., Psychology, Vision Science, Neuroscience, Computer Science,
Cognitive Science, …). Solid programming skills for control of the
experiments (e.g., Matlab/Psychtoolbox, Python, or Unity) and data
analysis (e.g., in R) are beneficial for the project. However, these
relevant skills can also be acquired and advanced during the project.

To apply, please send a letter that motivates your application for this
particular project and your CV, as well as relevant certificates as a
single pdf to: sven.ohl at hu-berlin.de by 14 FEB 2024.

The letter must include the reference number for the position you are
applying for (DR/023/24).

We are looking forward to hearing from you,
Sven Ohl

Sven Ohl, Dr. phil.
The Mind in Action Lab
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Rudower Chaussee 18 | 12489 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 2093-6789
sven.ohl at hu-berlin.de
https://svenohl.wordpress.com
https://mindinaction.github.io