[visionlist] One week left! Abstracts for Convention on Mathematics of Neuroscience and AI. Rome, May 28-31st 2024

Ruairidh McLennan Battleday battleday at princeton.edu
Thu Feb 22 00:53:07 -04 2024

One week left to submit abstracts for the 5th International Convention on
the Mathematics of Neuroscience and AI, to be held in Rome 28th-31st May
2024.

We hope that you come and join us! Thank you to all the people that have
submitted already—the quality so far has been fantastic.

In this high-profile convention we examine computational accounts of the
brain and mind from the perspectives of biocomputation, neural theory, and
cognitive science. We then take findings and theory back into the creation
of robust, generalizable, and scalable AI:

www.neuromonster.org

We invite submissions for each session via this Google form:

https://forms.gle/u8tJU4PtkT1EKYte7

Keynote Speakers

Professor Peter Dayan (Max Planck Institute, Tübingen)

Professor Sophie Deneve (ENS, Paris)

Professor Wolfgang Maass (TUG)

Professor Mackenzie Mathis (EPFL)

Professor Anne Collins (UC Berkeley)

Dr Feryal Behbahani (Google DeepMind)

Dr Giovanni Pezzulo (NRC of Italy, Rome)

Session Chairs

Biocomputation

Yasmine Ayman (Harvard)

Professor Dan Nicolau Jr (KCL)

Neural theory

Dr James Whittington (Stanford / Oxford)

Dr Francesca Mastrogiuseppe (Champalimaud)

Cognitive science

Dr Ruairidh Battleday (Harvard / MIT)

Dr Antonella Maselli (NRC Italy)

AI

Dr Ishita Dasgupta (Google DeepMind)

Dr Ilia Sucholutsky (Princeton)

Confirmed speakers

Biocomputation

Professor Andrew Adamatzky (UWE)

Professor Panayiota Poirazi (FORTH, Crete)

Professor Jason Shepherd (Utah)

Professor Christine Grienberger (Brandeis)

Neural theory

Professor Rafal Bogacz (Oxford)

Professor Athena Akrami (UCL)

Professor Nicolas Brunel (Duke)

Professor Kanaka Rajan (Harvard)

Dr Lea Duncker (Stanford)

Dr Kris Jensen (UCL)

Cognitive science

Professor Dagmar Sternad (Northeastern)

Professor Bill Thompson (UC Berkeley)

Professor Samuel McDougle (Yale)

Dr Maria Eckstein (DeepMind)

Dr Fred Callaway (NYU / Harvard)

AI

Professor Kevin Ellis (Cornell)

Professor Najoung Kim (BU, Google)

Dr André Barreto (DeepMind)

Dr Sophia Sanborn (USB / UBC)

Dr Wilka Carvalho (Harvard)

The submission format is a single A4 sheet containing (at least) an
abstract of 250 words, along with any additional material you think
valuable. These will be accepted for poster, spotlight, or a short talk.
Submission deadline is 28th February AOE.

A limited number of early-bird registrations have been posted on our
website! Normal registration will follow after the submission deadline.

The convention will be held at the Villa Wolkonsky, in San Giovanni, Rome
(10 minutes walk from the Colosseum).

The Organizing Committee.

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

President
Thinking About Thinking, Inc (www.thinkingaboutthinking.org)

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,