[visionlist] Abstract submission deadline extended: Mathematics of Neuroscience and AI, Rome, 28-31st May 2024.

Ruairidh McLennan Battleday battleday at princeton.edu
Thu Feb 29 00:35:35 -04 2024

We have extended the deadline for abstracts for the 5th International
Convention on the Mathematics of Neuroscience and AI, to be held in Rome
28th-31st May 2024:

New deadline: 8th March, 2024; AOE.

We hope that you come and join us!

Thank you to all the people that have submitted already—the quality has
been fantastic. If you would like to edit your submission, just submit
another response.

In this high-profile convention we examine computational accounts of the
brain and mind from the perspectives of biocomputation, neural theory, and
cognitive science. We then take findings and theory back into the creation
of robust, generalizable, and scalable AI:

www.neuromonster.org

We invite submissions for each session via this Google form:

https://forms.gle/u8tJU4PtkT1EKYte7

Keynote Speakers

Professor Peter Dayan (Max Planck Institute, Tübingen)

Professor Sophie Deneve (ENS, Paris)

Professor Wolfgang Maass (TUG)

Professor Mackenzie Mathis (EPFL)

Professor Anne Collins (UC Berkeley)

Dr Feryal Behbahani (Google DeepMind)

Dr Giovanni Pezzulo (NRC of Italy, Rome)

Session Chairs

Biocomputation

Yasmine Ayman (Harvard)

Professor Dan Nicolau Jr (KCL)

Neural theory

Dr James Whittington (Stanford / Oxford)

Dr Francesca Mastrogiuseppe (Champalimaud)

Cognitive science

Dr Ruairidh Battleday (Harvard / MIT)

Dr Antonella Maselli (NRC Italy)

AI

Dr Ishita Dasgupta (Google DeepMind)

Dr Ilia Sucholutsky (Princeton)

Confirmed speakers

Biocomputation

Professor Andrew Adamatzky (UWE)

Professor Panayiota Poirazi (FORTH, Crete)

Professor Jason Shepherd (Utah)

Professor Christine Grienberger (Brandeis)

Neural theory

Professor Rafal Bogacz (Oxford)

Professor Athena Akrami (UCL)

Professor Nicolas Brunel (Duke)

Professor Kanaka Rajan (Harvard)

Dr Lea Duncker (Stanford)

Dr Kris Jensen (UCL)

Cognitive science

Professor Dagmar Sternad (Northeastern)

Professor Bill Thompson (UC Berkeley)

Professor Samuel McDougle (Yale)

Dr Maria Eckstein (DeepMind)

Dr Fred Callaway (NYU / Harvard)

AI

Professor Kevin Ellis (Cornell)

Professor Najoung Kim (BU, Google)

Dr André Barreto (DeepMind)

Dr Sophia Sanborn (USB / UBC)

Dr Wilka Carvalho (Harvard)

The submission format is a single A4 sheet containing (at least) an
abstract of 250 words, along with any additional material you think
valuable. These will be accepted for poster, spotlight, or a short talk.
New submission deadline is 8th March AOE.

We will reply by March 15th with a decision.

The convention will be held at the Villa Wolkonsky, in San Giovanni, Rome
(10 minutes walk from the Colosseum).

Many thanks!

The Organizing Committee.

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

President
Thinking About Thinking (www.thinkingaboutthinking.org)

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,