[visionlist] Dana Ballard memorial symposium at ICDL (May 20, 2024), UT Austin

Brian Sullivan brian.sullivan at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Mar 27 10:28:45 -04 2024

On May 20, 2024, a memorial symposium will be held as a remembrance and celebration of the life and scientific work of Dr. Dana Ballard (1946–2022),

who was a pioneer in the study of computer vision, neural computation, human vision and motor coordination, and robotics. Dr. Ballard was a professor of

computer science at the University of Texas at Austin and a member of the Center for Perceptual Systems.

As part of the IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning (ICDL) 2024, https://la.utexas.edu/users/dil/ICDL_Austin_2024/,

we will host a morning seminar session celebrating Dana Ballard’s research with presentations by: Rajesh Rao, Jochen Triesch, Chen Yu,

Virginia De Sa, Constantin Rothkopf, Janneke Jehee, and Ruohan Zhang.

Memorial Session Website: https://la.utexas.edu/users/dil/symposium%20_icdl/index.html