[visionlist] [IEEE Biometrics Council]: Free Webinar by Dr. Xiaoming Liu on "Biometric Recognition in the Era of AI Generated Content (AIGC)"

Vitomir Štruc vitomir.struc at fe.uni-lj.si
Mon Apr 15 14:58:45 -04 2024

*** FREE ONLINE WEBINAR on "Biometric Recognition in the Era of AI
Generated Content (AIGC)" ***

The IEEE Biometrics Council invites participants to the upcoming (free)
webinar by Prof. Xiaoming Liu on "Biometric Recognition in the Era of AI
Generated Content (AIGC)". Detail on the webinar are given below:

Title: Biometric Recognition in the Era of AI Generated Content (AIGC)
Speaker: Prof. Xiaoming Liu, Michigan State University, USA
When: 24 April 2024, at 10am EST (4pm CEST, 7am PST, 10pm Beijing Time)
Where: Online (Zoom)
Registration: (free, but required):
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S_9bjNaOTMGVvD55MYAcVg

*** Talk Summary ***
In recent years we have witnessed impressive progress on AIGC
(Artificial Intelligence Generated Content). AIGC has many applications
in our society, as well as benefits diverse computer vision tasks. In
the context of biometric recognition, we believe that the AIGC era calls
for innovation on both data generation and how to leverage the generated
data. In this talk, I will present a number of efforts that showcases
these innovations, including: 1) how to bridge the gap between the
training data distribution and test data distribution; 2) how to
generate a complete synthetic database to train face recognition models;
3) how to estimate the 3D body shape from an image of clothed human
body; and 4) how to manipulate a human body image by changing its body
pose, clothing style, background, and identity. In the end, we will
briefly overview other research efforts in the Computer Vision Lab at
Michigan State University.

*** About the Speaker ***
Dr. Xiaoming Liu is the MSU Foundation Professor, and Anil and Nandita
Jain Endowed Professor at the Department of Computer Science and
Engineering of Michigan State University (MSU). He is also a visiting
scientist at Google Research. He received Ph.D. degree from Carnegie
Mellon University in 2004. Before joining MSU in 2012, he was a research
scientist at General Electric Global Research. He works on computer
vision, machine learning, and biometrics, especially on face related
analysis and 3D vision. Since 2012, he helps to develop a strong
computer vision area in MSU, who is ranked top 15 in US according to
csrankings.org. He is an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. He has authored more than 200
publications and has filed 35 patents. His work has been cited over
25000 times with an H-index of 76. He is a fellow of IEEE and IAPR.

For more information, visit:
https://ieee-biometrics.org/index.php/activities/webinars

--
Prof. Vitomir Struc, PhD
Laboratory for Machine Intelligence

VP Technical Activities, IEEE Biometrics Council
Supervisory Board Memebr: European Association for Biometrics (EAB)
Secretary of IAPR Technical Committee on Biometrics (TC4)

Program Co-Chair: IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2024), https://fg2024.ieee-biometrics.org/
Program Co-Chair: IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS 2024), https://wifs2024.uniroma3.it/
Program Co-Chair: IEEE Winter Conference on Applications in Computer Vision (WACV 2025)
Tutorial Co-Chair: IEEE/CVF Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2024): https://cvpr.thecvf.com/