[visionlist] CFP - Eurographics Workshop on Material Appearance Modeling (MAM2024) and MANER Conference London 2024 (Material Appearance Network for Education and Research)

Jon Yngve Hardeberg jon.hardeberg at ntnu.no
Sun Apr 21 04:03:09 -04 2024

Dear colleagues,

Holly Rushmeier and I are very happy to invite you to contribute to the
exciting joint event, which will take place in London on July 2nd, 2024,
in conjunction with EGSR 2024:

*Eurographics Workshop on Material Appearance Modeling *(MAM2024) and
*MANER Conference London 2024* (Material Appearance Network for
Education and Research)

The purpose of the event is to discuss and define open issues in the
acquisition, modeling, perception, and applications of material
appearance. In this workshop, we gather researchers and potential users
of material appearance models across disciplines and domains, to define
what the major challenges and problems are in this area.

As in previous years, the workshop will include short presentations of
position papers, for which we are now calling, with a submission
deadline June 4th, 2024. We also call for short abstracts which extend
or comment on recently published journal papers in the field.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

  * Acquisition systems
  * Perceptual studies of material appearance
  * Digital material authoring systems
  * Fabrication of material appearance
  * New representations of material appearance
  * Applications requiring high fidelity appearance modeling

Additionally we specifically call for contributions which address the
themes of Spectral Resources and Material Modeling for Machine Learning
Training Data.

More information about the event and how to submit can be found at
https://maner.network and https://www.egsr2024.uk/MAM-MANER%20Workshop/.

We are grateful for the sponsorship of Adobe for this event!

Best Regards,

Jon Y. Hardeberg

--
Jon Yngve Hardeberg, PhD, Professor of Colour Imaging
Colourlab, Dept of Computer Sciencewww.colourlab.no
PO Box 191, 2802 Gjøvik, Norwayjon.hardeberg at ntnu.no
Ph. +4798216899www.ntnu.edu/employees/jon.hardeberg
IS&T  ICOM  IEEE SPIE ACM  Optica NOBIM & Forum Farge
Spectral imaging to the people!www.spektralion.com