[visionlist] Save the Date - i2Eye 2024 - September 15-17, 2024

Rossi, Ethan A rossiea at pitt.edu
Thu May 2 16:18:21 -04 2024

Dear colleagues:

We are pleased to announce that i2eye 2024 will be held from September 15th-17th at the new UPMC Vision Institute<https://ophthalmology.pitt.edu/about/upmc-vision-institute> at the University of Pittsburgh!

As with previous years<https://www.rossilab.org/I2EYE.html>, we will be mixing physicists, biologists and ophthalmologists around specific medical issues related to ocular imaging. Invited talks will be 15 minutes in length, while contributed talks will be shorter (8-10 minutes depending on the number of submissions). We will also include lengthy times for interdisciplinary discussions at the end of each session.

Each topic area will be addressed by speakers from complementary fields of expertise (ophthalmology, physics, biology, mathematics). This is a unique opportunity to cross- fertilize fields of knowledge for a better understanding of diseases and ultimately for better clinical care.  Similarly to speakers, the audience is expected to be a mix of physicists, biologists, and ophthalmologists. We also will experiment this year with broadening the scope of our meeting to include more biological and neuroscience topics, more industry participation and professional development programming for trainees.

Topics for this year's meeting include: Blood flow & vasculature, glaucoma, anterior segment, retinal pigmented epithelium and fluorescence imaging, optogenetics and vision restoration, ocular immunology and inflammation, age-related macular degeneration, functional imaging & eye movements, retinal degeneration and novel therapies, and animal models, organoids & development.  The confirmed list of invited speakers is appended below and we plan to include at least 10 additional speakers that will be programmed from the submitted abstracts.  All accepted abstracts not programmed as talks will be able to present a poster at the poster session.

Attendance at the conference is free for invited speakers and all attendees working in academia and at non-profit institutions. We intend to award some travel grants to submitted abstracts, so please encourage your team members to submit an abstract (see key dates below)!

Please save the date to join us at i2eye 2024.  More details will be forthcoming soon as we expect to launch the meeting website for the submission of abstracts on May 15.

Best regards,

The i2eye2024 Organizing Committee:
Ethan Rossi, Kate Grieve, Michel Paques, John Ash, Florian Sennlaub, Christophe Baudouin, Serge Picaud, & José Sahel

[image001.png]
I2Eye 2024 Key Dates
May 15                 Abstract Submission Opens
July  15                 Abstract Submission Ends
July 31                  Scheduling Announcement Sent for Submitted Abstracts
i2Eye 2024         September 15th-17th

Confirmed Invited Speakers
Michael Atlan
Institut de la Vision