[visionlist] Postdoc position on predictive representations / dynamic RSA, CIMeC, Uni Trento, Italy

Moritz Wurm moritz.f.wurm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 07:03:04 -04 2024

We are seeking for a highly motivated PostDoc to join the Action Recognition and Concepts Group <https://www.cimec.unitn.it/en/929/action-recognition-and-concepts-group> at CIMeC (Center for Mind/Brain Sciences), University of Trento, Italy. The research project will focus on an MEG-based dynamic extension to representational similarity analysis (dynamic RSA <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-39355-y>) that we have recently developed in our lab to investigate predictive representations of dynamic events.

Ideal candidates have:
·     A strong drive to pursue a career in scientific research
·     independent and critical thinking skills
·     strong teamwork abilities
·     a background in cognitive neuroscience (preferably M/EEG or fMRI, MVPA/RSA) and strong programming skills (preferably Matlab)

At CIMeC, you'll have access to cutting-edge research facilities, such as:
·     A brand new MEGIN TRIUX neo MEG system
·     A 3T MRI Siemens Prisma
·     TMS, EEG, and combined TMS-EEG setups
·     Human intracranial stereotactic EEG
·     Eye-tracking systems
·     Kinematic recording systems

All equipment is dedicated 100% to research purposes, providing you with the ideal environment for testing your research questions. As a member of our lab and of the wider CIMeC community, you will be part of an international community of students and researchers in a vibrant scientific environment. The working language is English. Our lab enjoys numerous international collaborations, and we offer ample opportunities to engage with the broader scientific community through conferences, workshops, and international meetings, supported by research funding attracted by our lab.

Living in Trentino offers a unique combination of natural beauty and cultural richness. Situated among stunning landscapes between the Dolomites and Lake Garda, it provides a serene setting where you can appreciate nature alongside various cultural activities and sports. Trentino is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful regions in Italy, offering an exceptional quality of life alongside your academic pursuits.

The position will be for 2 years and probably open in fall of 2024. If you are thrilled to contribute to our research in cognitive neuroscience, please send your expression of interest, including a CV and a brief statement of research interests, to moritz.wurm at unitn.it <mailto:moritz.wurm at unitn.it>. We look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Moritz Wurm