[visionlist] [jobs] Two fully funded Ph.D. positions @ BMW Group and TU/e ( Eindhoven University of Technology)

Kaboli, Mohsen m.kaboli at tue.nl
Tue Jul 9 10:20:44 -04 2024

Dear Colleagues,

We invite applications for Two fully funded Ph.D. AI, Robotics, and Machine Learning at my BMW AI Robotics Lab, Munich, Germany.  The PhD students will be enrolled at Eindhoven University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering,  my lab : Embodied Interactive Perception and Robot Learning.

Topics of Ph.D. positions:

---------------------------------

  *   ​Topic 1: Robust Cross Multi-Modal Perception for Human Robot Interaction/ Communication
  *   Topic 2: Multi-modal Shared Perception and Learning for Grasp and Manipulation

---------------------------------------

What awaits you?

  *   Competitive Salary
  *   The work will be carried out at a  BMW AI Robotics Lab, RoboTac Team, Munich, Germany.
  *   The BMW AI Research Lab is equipped with cutting-edge hardware, robotics systems, computational devices, intelligent vehicle, software, etc.
  *   Being part of the BMW Promotion Program with 170 Ph.D. Candidates and offering several outstanding soft-skill pieces of the training program
  *   Opportunity to generously attend top International Conferences in AI/ML and Robotics
  *   Collaborating with a highly specialized international teams of AI/ ML and robotics scientists and engineers.

Eligibility

  *   Master's degree obtained from the top international universities in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Mathematics, Systems, and Control, or a related field.
  *   Strong mathematical background and a strong interest in AI, robotics and robot learning
  *   Extensive practical software development experience, preferably in C/C++ and Python required.
  *   Good teamwork and communication skills, and an independent and structured working style.
  *   Efficient communication skills in English. Germanor is an advantage.

------------------------------------

How to Apply for Ph.D. position:

Required Documents

  *   CV with photo
  *   One-page cover letter (clearly indicating available start date as well as relevant qualifications, experience, and motivation)
  *   University certificates and transcripts (both BSc and MSc degrees)
  *   Contact details of up to three referees
  *   List of publications
  *   Please check our recent publications and records to get familiar with our research activities.

How to send your documents

  *   All documents should be in English and one single pdf saved with your first name and family name. ( Otherwise, it will be deleted)
  *   Please send your application to:  info.robotac at bmw.de<mailto:info.robotac at bmw.de> by July 20th 2024.
  *   The top applicants will be invited for an oral presentation and interview.
  *   Potential Date of Start as soon as possible

Regards

Mohsen

Dr.-Ing. Mohsen Kaboli

Asst. Professor of Interactive AI and Robotics

PI & Head of the BMW AI Robotics Research Lab and RoboTac Team, Germany

PI & Head of Embodied Interactive Perception and Robot Learning Lab , TU/e, Netherlands

Email: m.kaboli at tue.nl<mailto:m.kaboli at tue.nl>
[TUe-logo-descriptor-line-scarlet-rgb]<http://tue.nl/>
[cid:image002.gif at 01DAD21B.F321CEC0]