[visionlist] Call for papers: Special issue on the Probabilistic Nature of Perception and Cognition

Omer Daglar Tanrikulu OmerDaglar.Tanrikulu at unh.edu
Thu Jul 18 18:43:35 -04 2024

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to remind you about the Special Issue that Arni Kristjansson and I are co-editing in New Ideas in Psychology, which focuses on the Probabilistic nature of perception and cognition.
In this special issue, we aim to provide an interdisciplinary platform for papers that focus on bridging critical gaps between the theoretical and the empirical merits of probabilistic theories of perception and cognition by assessing their explanatory value in Psychology.
We welcome presentations and criticisms of theory, background metaphysics, and fundamental issues of method, both empirical and conceptual. We emphasize the need for informed discussion of psychological theories to be interdisciplinary. Empirical papers are accepted in this special issue, but we expect them to focus on conceptual issues and be theoretically creative.
Guest Editors:
·       Ömer Dağlar Tanrikulu, University of New Hampshire
Email: OmerDaglar.Tanrikulu at unh.edu<mailto:OmerDaglar.Tanrikulu at unh.edu>

·       Árni Kristjánsson, University of Iceland
Email: ak at hi.is<mailto:ak at hi.is>

Submission deadline: November 30, 2024
​
​Submission Information
​For submission guidelines, please visit the call-for-papers page on the journal’s website:https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/new-ideas-in-psychology/about/call-for-papers#probabilistic-nature-of-perception-and-cognition
For questions and further information, please do not hesitate to contact me or Arni Kristjansson.​

Best,

Omer Daglar Tanrikulu

Assistant Professor of Psychology
University of New Hampshire