[visionlist] Neuromatch [or Climatematch] Mentors: Join the Impact Scholars Program!

Hilal Nizamoğlu hilal.nizam.97 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:44:44 -04 2024

Dear all,

[ [  apologies for cross-posting ] ]

As a volunteer with Neuromatch Academy, I am pleased to inform you that we
have just opened applications for paid mentorship for the Impact Scholars
program <https://impact-scholars.neuromatch.io/impact-scholars/intro.html#>
(link:
https://impact-scholars.neuromatch.io/impact-scholars/intro.html#). This
program allows our students to continue and expand on the research projects
they initiated during the Academies over a period of six months. Throughout
the program, students will receive professional development and mentorship,
ultimately culminating in the production of an open-access micropublication.

We are looking for mentors who can commit to working approximately 10 hours
a month (about 2 hours a week) from October to March. Below are the details
of the requirements for mentors. You can find the application links in the
mentors section of our website
<https://impact-scholars.neuromatch.io/impact-scholars/mentors.html>(link:
https://impact-scholars.neuromatch.io/impact-scholars/mentors.html).

*Bi-monthly Meetings with Scholars (3 hours/month)*

   -

   Meet with scholars twice a month for approximately one hour each session.
   -

   Provide guidance, review progress, and help troubleshoot any issues.

*Monthly Staff Update Meeting (0.5 hour/month)*

   -

   Meet with program staff once a month for about 30 minutes to provide
   updates on the project group's progress, discuss challenges, and plan next
   steps.

*Task Planning and Coordination (3 hours/month)*

   -

   Plan and coordinate project tasks, ensuring they are broken down into
   manageable components with clear responsibilities for each scholar.
   -

   Review and provide feedback on scholars' work to keep them on track with
   deadlines.

*Monitoring Communication Channels (3 hours/month)*

   -

   Monitor Discord or other communication channels to provide additional
   support and answer questions as needed.
   -

   Be available for ad-hoc queries and offer guidance to ensure scholars
   are progressing smoothly.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out at
impactscholars at neuromatch.io

Best regards,
Hilal Nizamoglu (she/her)