[visionlist] Jack Nachmias

Andrew Watson abwatson at me.com
Mon Mar 18 09:07:25 -04 2019

Friends,

To memorialize the passing of Jack Nachmias, I wanted to share two pictures with the community.
The first was taken at ARVO, probably in 1997, and includes (I think) all of Jack’s PhD students. Left to right they are Norma Graham, myself, David Field, and Jeffrey Lubin.
The second picture was taken on June 30, 1989, at a Cold Spring Harbor meeting on Computational Models of Visual Processing. It shows Jack where he belongs, front and center of an extraordinary collection of young vision scientists, many of whom would carry forward his ideas and ideals.

-Beau

Thanks to Tony Movshon and Karl Gegenfurtner for clarifying the origins of the second picture.