[visionlist] JOB - Software Engineer in Computer Vision (3 month Startup Project) - Oxford, UK

Duncan McKay duncan at aistetic.com
Fri May 31 08:59:16 -04 2019

Are you passionate about developing state of the art computer vision? Are
you looking for an ambitious new project to test, grow and apply your
skills to a big business opportunity?

Come join our new start up – Aistetic. We’re building a new innovative
ecommerce platform, applying computer vision and deep tech to clothing.

Aistetic was founded with a clear vision: to make tailored clothing
accessible. And our purpose is to do so sustainably, reducing waste,
inventory and encouraging a more sustainable approach to clothing.

We are a University of Oxford Spinout with a highly experienced leadership
team:

·       Duncan McKay, CEO & Co-Founder: 15+ years consumer innovation for
L’Oréal, Unilever & PepsiCo. INSEAD MBA.

·       Phil Torr, Chief Scientific Officer & Co-Founder, Professor &
leading expert in Computer Vision at the University of Oxford

*The Position & Project *

·       We’re looking for a smart, energetic and collaborative Software
Engineer to join the team to build and shape our core technology into a MVP:

o    State of the art development of algorithm, model & code for a computer
vision and deep learning solution

o    Opportunity to collaborate & learn from leading subject matter
computer vision and deep learning experts in academia

o    Collaborate with solutions architect to identify total company tech
stack

o    Prototype development & accuracy testing with generative models

o    Collaborate with Front End Developer to translate into web and app
interface

o    Collaborate with cross functional team to develop simple user
interface, testing and optimising

o    Real world testing of code and application to clothing

o    Key Deliverable: High Quality Minimum Viable Product

*Required Training & Skills*

·       Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Artificial
Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Design & Analysis of Algorithms

·       Python, C++, PyTorch, Tensorflow, OpenCV, MATLAB, AWS

·       Experience of solutions architecture and tech stack development

·       Collaborative, creative, agile, comfortable with ambiguity, action
orientated, problem solver and able to translate technology into commercial
solutions

*Education, Passion & Ambition *

·       MSc. / Phd Degree / Similar Experience in Computer Vision &
Software Engineering

·       A passion for or experience in start-ups

·       Ambition & desire to create & innovate

*Location*

·       Oxford, UK.

·       Candidate must be UK based, with flexibility to travel to Oxford.

This is a Full or Part-time Opportunity with an initial ~3 month project
scope. Incentivised equity remuneration. On completion of the project and
further funding, we will be looking to make the role permanent.

Please call 07557 878 818 or email duncan at aistetic.com for further
information.