[visionlist] Open position: Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in Berlin-based startup

hamed bahmani hbahmani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 11:42:46 -04 2019

*Dopavision GmbH* is a digital-health startup based in Berlin with the
mission to disrupt vision care with digital solutions. We are backed with
venture capital and a research grant from the German Federal Ministry of
Education and Research (BMBF). We are developing a digital solution for
myopia control which aim at modulating retinal dopamine by artificial
light, in order to regulate the eyeball growth. We have successfully
conducted proof-of-concept experiments and are now moving into pre-clinical
investigations together with national and international academic partners.
We are a team of 4 experienced scientists and startup entrepreneurs and
supported by renowned scientific advisors and strategic pharmaceutical
partners.

We are now looking for a *Chief Medical Officer (CMO) *to join the
leadership team and prepare, lead, and conduct the next stage human
clinical studies. If you are passionate about eye, vision, clinical studies
or digital health technologies and enjoy working in an early-stage startup,
then we would like to get to know you!

*Your Responsibilities*

·       Develop our clinical investigation strategy in order to
successfully launch our product as a validated medical device

·       Decide on the overall company strategy as a member of the
leadership team

·       Lead our clinical investigations through all phases – you’re
responsible to achieve our scientific goals and manage the project

·       Manage our (not-so-small) budget for clinical investigations and
contribute to fund-raising activities

·       Build and lead your team for medical and clinical investigations

·       Innovate clinical study protocols for our digital medical devices,
e.g., by designing new blinding and placebo methods suitable for our
break-through intervention

·       Work closely with our regulatory and product development team, as
well as the science team to align activities and solve problems together

·       Become an expert in previously conducted clinical studies on myopia
control, eye and vision care, and existing scientific literature

·       Build strong partnerships with industry partners from the
pharmaceutical or medical device sector, and academic partners all around
the world

·       Write and publish the results for internationally renowned
scientific journals, and present them at international conferences

·       Communicate the clinical strategy to investors and business
stakeholders

*Your Qualifications*

·       MD or PhD in medical sciences, vision sciences, or life sciences
with proven research experience

·        > 5 years of experience in clinical investigations in the
pharmaceutical, health care, or medical device industry, thereof 3-5 years
in a leadership or project management position

·       Experience in digital healthcare is a plus

·       Ideally deep expertise in at least one of the following areas:
neurobiology of the eye, ophthalmology, myopia, or optics of the eye

·       Working knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical device regulatory
frameworks

·       Excellent communication skills and fluent in English; German is a
plus

·       Strategic thinking and excellent problem-solving abilities

·       Entrepreneurial experience or business experience in Asia is a big
plus

*What we offer*

·       Competitive base salary plus equity

·       You build the team with us and define the way our company will work
– as employee number 5

·       Shape the future of digital medicine and address an unmet medical
need that affects billions of people world-wide

·       Invent new protocols and ways to perform clinical investigations
for digital health care together with sharp minds in the team

·       Continue building your scientific career by publishing your
findings in renowned international journals and present them at conferences

·       Work together with the best scientists in the field of myopia
research from all around the world – Asia, Australia, and Europe, among
others

·       Work together with opinion leaders in digital health in Germany
from our partner Flying Health, as well as our internationally leading
pharmaceutical partner

·       Build a great, fast-learning organization with us, with a flat
hierarchy and direct communication

·       Offices in Mindspace, the coolest co-working space in the heart of
Berlin (at least in our opinion) with free yoga classes, coffee and happy
hours on the terrace

Sounds like your next adventure? Apply online at
http://www.dopavision.com/career-cmo.html – we’re looking forward to
getting to know you! Not sure? Still take a moment to reach out to get to
know us or ask your questions: jobs at dopavision.com

*Location: *Berlin

*Position: *Full-time

Best regards,

Dr. Hamed Bahmani

Founder and Managing Director, Dopavision GmbH