[visionlist] Brains, Minds and Machines 2020

Gabriel Kreiman gkreiman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:43:48 -04 2020

Dear friends,

Applications are invited for the 2020 Brains, Minds, and Machines Summer
Course, to be held in Woods Hole, MA from Aug 6 through Aug 27th.

Application:
https://www.mbl.edu/education/courses/brains-minds-and-machines/

Application deadline: April 6, 2020

The basis of intelligence – how the brain produces intelligent behavior and
how we may be able to replicate intelligence in machines – is arguably the
greatest problem in science and technology. To solve it, we will need to
understand how human intelligence emerges from computations in neural
circuits, with rigor sufficient to reproduce similar intelligent behavior
in machines. Success in this endeavor ultimately will enable us to
understand ourselves better, to produce smarter machines, and perhaps even
to make ourselves smarter. Lecturers include DiCarlo, Desimone, Freiwald,
Katz, Kanwisher, Kreiman, Poggio, Sompolinsky, Tenenbaum, Wilson, several
speakers from industry, and many more. For more information, please see:
https://cbmm.mit.edu/summer-school/2020

Gabriel Kreiman
gkreiman at gmail.com

http://klab.tch.harvard.edu