[visionlist] Postdoc Position at Harvard in Vision Science/Optics

Jung, Jaehyun Jaehyun_Jung at MEEI.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Feb 6 16:26:11 -04 2020

Postdoc Position at Harvard in Vision Science/Optics

At the Schepens Eye Research Institute/Mass Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School, we have an immediate opening for a full-time postdoctoral fellow to work with Drs. Eli Peli and Jae-Hyun Jung (https://pelilab.partners.org<https://pelilab.partners.org/>) in the Mobility Enhancement and Vision Rehabilitation Center of Excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated candidate with vision science and/or optics background. We are developing new optical visual aids to expand the visual field with NIH supported. The project includes designing and constructing the novel visual aids, analyzing visual perception through the devices, and evaluating the performance of patients with field loss using the devices in virtual reality systems.

Candidates must have finished their Ph.D. in vision science, engineering, computer science, or related fields. Experience in ray tracing, imaging, and basic 3D design (any CAD, 3D graphic tools, or optical simulation tools), and good programming skills are necessary. Additional experience in vision rehabilitation, 3D printing, or virtual reality systems would be a plus.

The position is available immediately and initially available for 12 months with possible extension to additional years. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit the latest CV and cover letter through our online recruiting system https://bit.ly/2tE59Xw

Jae-Hyun Jung, PhD, FAAO
Instructor in Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School
Investigator at the Schepens Eye Research Institute,
Massachusetts Eye and Ear
20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114
Tel: 617-912-2525
E-mail: jaehyun_jung at meei.harvard.edu<https://webmail.meei.harvard.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=pqQVOuMaXEKMnTtauGyXBeumZgf3xc8I6ENjFxmN1eLoa8MlklVEPK8uyMwNghn_b3lVZ-QlZvc.&URL=mailto%3ajaehyun_jung%40meei.harvard.edu>

Mass. Eye and Ear Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed in the message above. This communication may contain sensitive or confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error and the email contains patient information, please contact the Mass. Eye and Ear Compliance Line at (800) 856-1983. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail.