[visionlist] Teller Acuity Cards

Christopher Taylor christopher.taylor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 14:24:11 -04 2020

Why do you believe this test has a fundamental error versus TAC testing? It
is a different test, no more, no less.

To play devil's advocate, one could claim that Teller Acuity Cards lack
ecological validity because they do not present contours and objects, which
are more important to the visual system during daily living than sinusoidal
or square-wave gratings.  That said performance on this test and TAC ought
to correlate and if this new test has other benefits (e.g, faster/easier to
administer, cheaper and more available to purchase, and so on...) and has
appropriate age-norms for the population being screened then might it not
be an advance on traditional TAC testing?

Best,