[visionlist] Deadline Approaching: OPAM Call for Organizers 2020-2021

OPAM Information opam.info at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:53:59 -04 2020

Reminder: application deadline for OPAM organizers is *February 28th, 2020*.

******************************** OPAM 2020 ********************************

28th Annual Workshop on Object Perception, Attention, and Memory

http://www.opam.net/

November 19, 2020 in Austin, Texas, USA

Dear OPAMers,

We would like to extend a special thanks to Yelda Semizer and Steve
Walenchok for their service to the OPAM community. Their leadership,
diligence, and enthusiasm were essential to the success of OPAM XXVII. It
was such a pleasure to work with them as a team.

With Yelda and Steve leaving the OPAM team, we are seeking two new OPAM
organizers for two-year terms starting in 2020. Selection of organizers
will be based on candidates’ experience and nomination letter, which should
be sent to opam.info at gmail.com by February 28th, 2020. Please include a
link to the candidate's website and CV in the nominations. Interested
candidates are encouraged to ask for one nomination from a researcher who
knows them well. If that person is not also the candidate's 2020
supervisor, we require a short letter of approval from that person.

Criteria for the selection of OPAM organizers include the breadth and depth
of research experience and expertise in visual cognition (e.g., familiarity
with a broad range of object-processing literature), as well as
organizational and interpersonal skills. Preference is given to
early-career researchers without faculty positions at the time of
appointment, particularly postdoctoral researchers.

Excitement for graduate and postdoctoral research is required!

Thanks again to everyone who made OPAM 2019 such a success. Special thanks
to our sponsors, who keep OPAM free! Stay tuned for exciting announcements
about OPAM 2020 in the coming months.

Sincerely,

OPAM 2019 organizers

Deb Cronin, Patrick Cox, Yelda Semizer, & Steve Walenchok

*OPAM 2019 Sponsors*

Visual Cognition - http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/pvis20/current

The Psychonomic Society - www.psychonomic.org

University of California, Davis - http://visualcognition.ucdavis.edu

Exponent - https://www.exponent.com/

Rutgers University Cognitive Science Center - https://ruccs.rutgers.edu/

Goethe-University, Scene Grammar Lab - https://www.scenegrammarlab.com/

SR Research - http://www.sr-research.com

National Institutes of Health (NIH) | National Cancer Institute (NCI) -
https://www.cancer.gov/

VPixx Technologies - http://vpixx.com/

Facebook Reality Labs - https://www.oculus.com/

University of Arizona - Cognitive Science Program -
https://cogsci.arizona.edu/

Queen's Visual Cognition Lab - https://qvcl.ca/

George Washington University - https://psychology.columbian.gwu.edu/

Johns Hopkins University - https://pbs.jhu.edu/

New York University Abu Dhabi, Objects and Knowledge Lab -
http://www.oliviacheunglab.org/ & Fougnie Lab -
https://sites.google.com/site/fougnielab/home