[visionlist] Local global motion GIF

Prof. Michael Bach michael.bach at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 29 05:26:38 -04 2020

Dear Alan:

> I'd appreciate pointers to who originally made this nice GIF:
> https://gfycat.com/earnestplaincamel
I’ve also looked into that to now avail, sorry. But the principle appears to be the one underlying Stuart’s & Brian’s Rotating Spokes illusion [https://michaelbach.de/ot/mot-spokes/] )(2001) and Arthur's Perpetual Diamond [http://illusionscience.com/the-perpetual-diamond/] (2018).

By the way, on the origina “rotating” cubes: If there is only one cube (other covered), for me there occurs a very strong Necker Cube effect. This pair of cubes arrangement, interestingly, seems to reduce the “Necker flip” quite markedly to the the degree it never occurs (unless you look for it).

Best, Michael
--
Prof. Michael Bach   <https://michaelbach.de>