[visionlist] VSS Board of Directors Announcement

vss at visionsciences.org vss at visionsciences.org
Fri Mar 13 20:29:03 -04 2020

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001vCZTlOmEel6ztkdBDp_iXeneiEE7j3-tCYU7xHztxhe1
ViCXQrOhgtaVzzg-Ni83e-SW1rJK62i7USATgiY4LBTFdqG_YMYkt-FBgP9ACLFa0QC96caRakMs
GbyQnupGgWkRbbI8y_Ii6zzUILFERg==&c=D1HuRvgehK_c3UFFgdzPWmDeKyFJK5DJz6C1Fsuuo
42sU6DHSUHHLw==&ch=q8Shv07Fyuo6ewb4mmSfVM5c3-7THoB7BLhDqou5LmCnh2-kDtnkvg==>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Vision Sciences Society

VSS 2020

May 15-20, 2020

St. Pete Beach, FL

<https://files.constantcontact.com/69fa83aa501/9f093382-d1b4-4459-ac1b-6b2ee
384caf9.png>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/S.gif>

Dear VSS Membership,

The VSS Board has been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19
situation. Given the increasing scope of the disease, the declaration of a
National Emergency in the US, the increasing number of governmental and
institutional travel bans, and the need for social distancing in order to
fight the COVID-19 outbreak, we regretfully must cancel the VSS 2020
in-person meeting, which was to be held May 15-20 in St. Pete Beach,
Florida. We did not take this decision lightly, but protecting the health of
our VSS community is our highest priority, and at this juncture we cannot
responsibly move forward with the meeting.

The Board will now turn its attention to whether it is feasible to hold a
Virtual VSS Meeting this year, with the goal of facilitating the
high-quality scientific exchange that is the hallmark of our Annual Meeting.

One important factor in our decision to cancel the in-person meeting now is
our desire to provide as much advance notice as possible for those who were
planning on attending, so that they can manage travel and accommodation
cancellations. Once we have established whether it is feasible to offer
remote participation, we will make a detailed announcement outlining the
options. These will include the option to refund registration for those who
choose not to participate.

We thank everyone who has already invested their time and energy in planning
for VSS 2020, and will be in touch as soon as possible with more
information. We apologize in advance if we are unable to respond quickly to
individual questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

The VSS Board of Directors

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001vCZTlOmEel6ztkdBDp_iXeneiEE7j3-tCYU7xHztxhe1
ViCXQrOhgtaVzzg-Ni83e-SW1rJK62i7USATgiY4LBTFdqG_YMYkt-FBgP9ACLFa0QC96caRakMs
GbyQnupGgWkRbbI8y_Ii6zzUILFERg==&c=D1HuRvgehK_c3UFFgdzPWmDeKyFJK5DJz6C1Fsuuo
42sU6DHSUHHLw==&ch=q8Shv07Fyuo6ewb4mmSfVM5c3-7THoB7BLhDqou5LmCnh2-kDtnkvg==>
Visit our website

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001vCZTlOmEel6ztkdBDp_iXeneiEE7j3-tCYU7xHztxhe1
ViCXQrOhgu0uNWMORglIXt7iHF_9i5mWJWgOADCQEzzBlHSBeGwlBdfKjVIK_t1HN8batTr8GibT
7I4ykYoUXiS3K7sacNudN4HWgYCCyMrSFZuB1bKgY5KqbMtXsvfqmid00hrBKJG_IzqxVdJ10FI7
BCEdo-xRKE3xBPAqti1T_xzv57fbvM1gN3CMNs_kucqaxddahhm2yGGoAf3dcPVXXocOa-Ne5PcX
_JiD1nfyFNDVetZzuNQlqjPdxr0U1UDRPBCYuHuH8WH-Yv4B&c=D1HuRvgehK_c3UFFgdzPWmDeK
yFJK5DJz6C1Fsuuo42sU6DHSUHHLw==&ch=q8Shv07Fyuo6ewb4mmSfVM5c3-7THoB7BLhDqou5L
mCnh2-kDtnkvg==> Subscribe Me

Vision Sciences Society | +1-833-444-5777 | vss at visionsciences.org
<mailto:vss at visionsciences.org>

STAY CONNECTED

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001vCZTlOmEel6ztkdBDp_iXeneiEE7j3-tCYU7xHztxhe1
ViCXQrOhguHRWIuq48A-S9C9MQQcBRPfA4i-u2D65eGLam9JOJAuA0msxbFl_zRYtvafzzcXJlOl
_Ul6nIyZyTVDA-wSq_qBZaxZaNY3Ffsx-HloUXs9V7ZQbKFH6abpMKBKqnhVymMNtTx4pB0BPe3G
Qs4PLtnow9u01JjnObM5i1y6_bu-8-OlK9N204mhZq8DC3jh7A==&c=D1HuRvgehK_c3UFFgdzPW
mDeKyFJK5DJz6C1Fsuuo42sU6DHSUHHLw==&ch=q8Shv07Fyuo6ewb4mmSfVM5c3-7THoB7BLhDq
ou5LmCnh2-kDtnkvg==> ‌
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001vCZTlOmEel6ztkdBDp_iXeneiEE7j3-tCYU7xHztxhe1
ViCXQrOhgkuRYKCFeFA9iJ0fBcnqCdMeG4A5JmB1nHvQyp_y4hdmZnzFiE66ZFx0FDo7K8fWAaCx
y0oCvQCrE4OgbCOIIy--9DM0I2yc0A==&c=D1HuRvgehK_c3UFFgdzPWmDeKyFJK5DJz6C1Fsuuo
42sU6DHSUHHLw==&ch=q8Shv07Fyuo6ewb4mmSfVM5c3-7THoB7BLhDqou5LmCnh2-kDtnkvg==>
‌