[visionlist] [cvnet] Trying to demonstrate stereoscopic vision remotely

Lester Loschky loschky at ksu.edu
Sat Mar 21 23:53:51 -04 2020

Thanks, Ben!  That is super helpful!  For students who cannot learn to free
fuse, this is a fantastic low tech method.  I'm going to suggest it to my
students.

For the demo, I wanted to use a random dot stereogram, to camouflage the
image.  I picked one from half of an artwork by Alphons Schilling, entitled
"8 planes, 2 planes" (1973).  I used the "2 planes" pair of a triple image
work.  In order to make it work in a mirror, I had to mirror flip the right
eye image.  I've then morphed it using PhotoShop onto your excellent
figure, and made note of the revisions.  I show it below, and have attached
the file for anyone interested.

[image: Stereo Demo Revised from Backus Vivid Vision [mirror stereo pair
demo].png]

Best wishes,

Les

--