[visionlist] Initiative Crowdfight COVID-19

Vincent de Gardelle vincent.gardelle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:35:41 -04 2020

Hi everyone,

I am just forwarding this message that might be of interest for the
vision community.

-----

https://crowdfightcovid19.org/

An initiative from the scientific community to put all available
resources at the service of the fight against COVID-19.

This platform has two sides:

- For scientists at all levels of their career, even if they work in
fields completely unrelated to COVID-19: They simply need to fill a
form, so that we can be in contact if we need their help. If we need it,
it can be as simple as answering a question related to their discipline,
but there are also many other tasks that we may request. There is no
commitment at this point, and it takes 5 minutes to sign up.

- For researchers who are already working on COVID-19: They can ask us
to perform any task for them, for free. These tasks can include labor
intensive tasks (annotating data, analyzing images manually, etc.),
answering questions (from simple questions about a protocol, for
example, to general research questions), or setting up new techniques
for them. Everything is coordinated by scientists highly skilled in the
field of interest, so the input we need from them will be kept to a minimum.
-----

All the best, and stay safe,

Vincent de Gardelle