[visionlist] Deadline Extension (April 25): CfP: Space and Memory: Processes and Representations, Riga 2020

Jurgis Skilters jurgisskilters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:47:08 -04 2020

Final Call for Papers and Deadline Extension

*Due to several requests to extend the submission deadline, we are
extending the deadline for abstracts’ submission: *

April 25, 2020

Linkages between Space and Memory: Processes and Representations

15th International Symposium of Cognition, Logic and Communication

August 29, 2020

Laboratory for Perceptual and Cognitive Systems,
Faculty of Computing, University of Latvia

https://www.lpcs.lu.lv/upcoming-events/

About the Event

Navigation and episodic memory are core features of human cognitive
processing. Although they seem very different, research has revealed
behavioral and neural linkages between the two domains. This symposium aims
to integrate perspectives from research in the two areas, using techniques
from psychology and neuroscience (as well as linguistics, computer science,
AI, and philosophy, depending on participants’ interests). The symposium
will focus primarily on the following topics, but is not limited to them:

▪          Spatial context and memory

▪          Episodic memory and spatial learning

▪          Developmental trajectory of navigation and episodic memory

▪          Neural principles of navigation and episodic memory

Keynotes:

Aidan Horner

York Episodic Memory Lab, University of York, UK

Nora Newcombe

Laura H. Carnell Professor of Psychology, Research in Spatial Cognition
(RISC) Lab, Temple University, USA

Charan Ranganath

Dynamic Memory Lab,  University of California at Davis, USA

Deadline for abstracts’ submission: *April 25*, 2020

Abstracts of no more than 250 words are to be submitted by *April **25*, 2020
at lpcs at lu.lv

(Abstracts should contain a brief description of relevant theory, research

design, methods, and results.) Authors will be notified at the end of
April/beginning of May.

The Symposium is Co-Affiliated with http://sc2020.lu.lv/ that includes
several sub-symposia and workshops:

·      on Medical Data Visualisation (co-hosted by Riga Stradins
University);

·      on Sensor Technologies and Distributed Systems (co-hosted with EDI
institute);

·      an Introductory Workshop to Eye Tracking (Tobii Pro): Hands on
workshop on Eye Tracking research in screen-based solutions.

The symposium is organized by Laboratory for Perceptual and Cognitive
Systems, Faculty of Computing, University of Latvia in collaboration of and
with support by Robert Blumberg, Andrejs Eglīte, the non-profit
organization “Friends of the University of Latvia”, and the University of
Latvia foundation.

The conference will include the annual Robert Blumberg Distinguished
Lecture, founded and supported by Robert Blumberg.

!!!A note regarding the COVID-19 situation: Although we remain hopeful that
the symposium will take place as planned, we are monitoring the COVID-19
situation both locally and from an international point of view. If
necessary, we will provide alternative solutions. We will communicate all
changes as soon as possible. *I**n case of a postponement all accepted
papers will still be accepted at a later point.*