[visionlist] Call for applications: Neuromatch Summer Academy Students, TAs and Mentors

Brad Wyble bwyble at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 11:38:50 -04 2020

The pandemic has shut down nearly every summer program in the world at
which students, postdocs and faculty would normally gather to acquire
crucial skills and build networks.  We’re building a program to replace
this loss. Our plan is to have a 3-week online course July 13-31 focused on
computational analysis and simulation of neural data with intensive
mentoring by knowledgeable TAs and faculty mentors to help with projects.
Tuition will be relatively minimal  (~ 100-200 USD) and also voluntary. TAs
will be paid a stipend for their time because it will be intensive.
Mentorship by faculty will be substantially less work.

Interested in signing up as a potential participant, a TA, or a faculty
mentor?  Fill out one of the three forms below. Also, please feel free to
send this out as widely as possible.  We’re trying to cast a global net,
especially to people outside of the US and Europe. Tutorials will take
place in parallel tracks in different time zones and in multiple languages
when possible.

Note that the deadline for applications is April 27.

Webpage: https://neuromatch.io/academy/

Form for student applications

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSen1oyFWIQ38vlBSxUdlWU4AwQ_UYGqQZcGAS_cEmMdN6cdNw/viewform

Form for TA applications