[visionlist] Online experiment runtime software including webcam-based eye tracking

Das, Mini mdas at Central.UH.EDU
Mon May 4 12:52:34 -04 2020

Hello all,
We recently tested the viability of using web based eye tracker and explored the Webgazer from Brown. We compared it to an older eye tracking system (SMI). The accuracy level was not as high using the web gazer, at least in our preliminary testing. I can dig up the numbers if anyone is interested. We are currently using a Tobii system.

I would love to see more response and discussions.

Best,
Mini

Mini Das, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Physics
Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204
Lab website: http://www.phys.uh.edu/~mdas
Email: mdas at uh.edu
Phone: 713-743-3539
________________________________
From: visionlist <visionlist-bounces at visionscience.com> on behalf of Seoyoung Ahn <seoyoung.ahn at stonybrook.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2020 11:25 AM
To: visionlist at visionscience.com <visionlist at visionscience.com>
Subject: Re: [visionlist] Online experiment runtime software including webcam-based eye tracking

Hi Les,

This is Young from Eyecog lab at Stony Brook. We are studying gaze behavior during web viewing and we've recently set up webcam-based eye tracking experiments using GazeRecorder(https://gazerecorder.com/gazecloudapi/). From our experience, this tracker is slightly more stable than WebGazer.js from Brown, but still highly sensitive to light conditions or other constraints. We are about to compare the results from this this web tracker to the dataset we have collected with EyeLink, and also curious to hear more thoughts about what comparisons should be done to check the accuracy of this type of tracker.

Best wishes,
Young