[visionlist] Assistant Professor: University of Nottingham

Johnston, Alan a.johnston at ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 29 12:27:32 -04 2020

Assistant Professor (Fixed term)

Reference
SCI141820
Closing Date
Monday, 15th June 2020
Job Type
Research & Teaching
Department
Psychology
Salary
£36914 to £40322 per annum, depending on skills and experience.

The School of Psychology at the University of Nottingham is looking to appoint an Assistant Professor in Psychology. The appointment will provide replacement teaching for Professor Alan Johnston who will be fully engaged on a Leverhulme Trust funded project during the next academic year. Ideal candidates will have an excellent knowledge of vision science and the capacity to contribute to a masters course on neural computation. Applicants must have appropriate subject knowledge and ability to teach at any level within this area of expertise and across a range of subjects at a more introductory level.

The appointment will be teaching focused but there will also be excellent opportunities for research and collaboration with existing outstanding research groups such as the Visual Neuroscience group and the Computational Neuroscience group. The School also has excellent links to the world leading Sir Peter Mansfield Imaging Centre.

The appointment will be fixed term for one year, available to start from the 1st October 2020. Hours of work are full time (36.25 hours).

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Harriet Allen, email, H.A.Allen at nottingham.ac.uk<mailto:H.A.Allen at nottingham.ac.uk>. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.

Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, visit; https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/applyingfromoverseas/index2.aspx

  *   Job Description/Role Profile<https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Upload/vacancies/files/30270/SCI141820%202.pdf>
  *   Additional Information<https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Org/AdditionalInfo.aspx?ref=SCI141820>
  *   Apply Online<https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/org/app/start.aspx?jobId=30270>