[visionlist] Low-cost 1440 Hz display

Mark Wexler mark.wexler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:56:00 -04 2020

Hello everyone,

To my surprise and delight, I've found a commercial projector, the Texas
Instruments DLP4710, that can be used, with relatively little work, to
project 1-bit 1080p monochrome images at 1440 Hz. The projector costs
$1300. (There exists another commercially available projector, the ProPixx
made by VPixx, that can project at 1440 Hz (and with 8-bit depth, albeit at
lower resolution), but while it is a beautiful instrument, it is
unfortunately much more expensive.)

In case others might be interested in using this display, I've written up
some notes about setting up and using the DLP4710, including simple
examples of stimulus generation in Matlab and Python:

http://lab-perception.org/dlp4710

If something isn't clear, or if you find any errors in my write-up, or if
you figure out something that I haven't, please let me know.

Mark

--
Mark Wexler
Integrative Neuroscience and Cognition Center