[visionlist] BCVOS 2020: Call for abstracts

Lindsay Rountree L.C.Rountree at bradford.ac.uk
Mon Jun 8 09:51:52 -04 2020

We are pleased to announce the call for abstracts for this year's BCOVS (British Congress of Optometry and Vision Science) conference on the 7th and 8th September 2020. BCOVS is a friendly, national conference that showcases the excellent work that optometrists, orthoptists, ophthalmologists and vision scientists are doing across the UK.

This year we will be running the conference virtually. We are looking for submissions for research talks and posters, particularly from early-career researchers and PhD students, but everyone is welcome to submit. The call is also open to undergraduate students (with agreement from their Supervisor). We would like to encourage clinicians and teaching staff to consider submitting abstracts based on their clinical work or aspects of pedagogy. We're confident that there will be several examples of innovative teaching solutions to the challenges presented by the COVID-19 crisis.

If you have any queries (formal or informal) please get in touch with me, or another member of the organising committee (https://bcovs2020.wordpress.com/the-organising-committee/).

Please note that the abstract deadline is 31st July 2020.

Using the template at the link below, please select your preference for virtual poster or virtual talk with submission of your abstract. The final decision on mode of presentation will be made by the Organising Committee. For details on how the presentations will be done "virtually", please go to https://bcovs2020.wordpress.com/virtual-presentations/.

The submitting author is required to ensure that all co-authors have approved the abstract before submission.

The presenting author must be registered, and "attend" the conference, or the abstract will be withdrawn. Abstracts presented at the conference will be published as an online supplement to the November issue of Ophthalmic and Physiological Optics (OPO), unless you opt-out in the abstract template. Abstracts previously published will be considered but it will not be possible to publish them - if you intend to re-submit an abstract please "opt-out" on the template.

There will be prizes for the best talk and best poster!

For details of how to prepare your submission, and for a link to the abstract template, please visit the website at: https://bcovs2020.wordpress.com/abstracts/<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbcovs2020.wordpress.com%2Fabstracts%2F&data=02%7C01%7CL.C.Rountree%40bradford.ac.uk%7C81a9f98f0e35416c62fc08d803e1fd17%7C245ea2d143654726805a631eb93d93aa%7C1%7C0%7C637263616466202340&sdata=iZP9Pl9o%2Fmj%2BFq1pqLWYYRYdUvIMczcmJECnv%2BK3pgw%3D&reserved=0>

Lindsay Rountree