[visionlist] Low And Very Low Resolution Face Image Datasets

Terrance Boult tboult at vast.uccs.edu
Sat Jun 20 13:33:50 -04 2020

You are correct that 1) (UCCS) is offline and will be for the
foreseeable future.  The folks at megapixels illegally release meta data
that made it way to easy to "cheat" in our competition,  so we took the
dataset offline until we get time to restructure it for another
competition.  Since there is no funding for that we don't know when or
if if a revised version will be released.

Some other relevant datasets for your query  are

http://arma.sourceforge.net/chokepoint/

https://qmul-survface.github.io/

Terry

On 6/19/2020 11:51 PM, Pedro Latorre Carmona wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My name is Pedro Latorre-Carmona and I work at the Computer
> Engineering Department, University of Burgos (Spain).
>
> I send this email to the list because I would be very interested to
> have access to low and very low resolution human face image datasets,
> mainly in CCTV image acquisition frameworks (or similar).
>
> I have seen that the two most important datasets of this kind would be:
>
> 1) La "UnConstrained College Students (UCCS) Dataset"
> 2) La "SCface - Surveillance Cameras Face Database"
>
> The first one of them:
>
> https://megapixels.cc/uccs/
>
> does not seem to be accessible any longer, under any condition or
> circumstance. Do you know if this is correct? Do you know if there is
> any way I could have access to this dataset?
>
> The second one:
>
> https://www.scface.org <https://www.scface.org/>
>
> seems to require signing a license agreement etc.  Do you know if this
> implies some economic cost as well? In terms of time?
>
> Finally (my most important question):
>
> Do you know of any low (any/or very low) resolution face image
> dataset(s) that would be publicly available nowadays?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your help and I hope to know from
> you soon.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Pedro Latorre-Carmona.

Terrance E. Boult,    Cell: (719)963-0573
El Pomar Prof. of Innovation and Security & Co-director Bachelor of Innovation
U. Colorado at Colorado Springs
IEEE Fellow