[visionlist] Reminder: Vision Research special issue on "Calibrating the visual system"

Jenny Bosten J.Bosten at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Jul 3 18:28:34 -04 2020

We would like to remind anyone interested in submitting a manuscript that the extended deadline for the special issue of Vision Research on “Calibrating the visual system” is 31st July.

Calibrating the visual system

Vision Research seeks contributions for a special issue entitled ‘Calibrating the visual system’. Visual systems evolved according to consistent characteristics of the environment and task demands of the species, but also to be malleable in order to adapt to specific perturbations in the stimulus and the observer. The special issue aims to integrate work on the calibration of visual processes in relation to the stable properties of natural scenes or to variations in the sensory stimulus or the individual’s sensory apparatus, in different visual domains and over different time scales. Of particular interest are processes of short, medium and long-term adaptation, and processes to maintain perceptual constancy, as well as processes that occur during visual development. We are also seeking papers concerned with the benefits, costs, and limitations of these adaptations for optimal encoding of visual information, and for learning and representing relevant stimuli in the environment. We are seeking both original research articles and reviews on this subject, covering diverse methods including psychophysics, physiology, neuroimaging, and computational modelling

Guest Editors:
Jenny Bosten, University of Sussex
Ruben Coen Cagli, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Anna Franklin, University of Sussex
Samuel Solomon, UCL
Michael Webster, University of Nevada, Reno

Submission Deadline: 31st July 2020

Manuscripts are submitted through the Special Issue portal of the submission system and go through peer review as usual.

Each article in the special issue is assigned a unique identifier and once the article is accepted will be published in a regular journal issue as soon as available. The unique identifier allows us to simultaneously add the article to the special issue on ScienceDirect which is gradually built up as individual articles are published online.

We provide a Shared Link of the final published version to the corresponding authors with 50 days free access so that they can share it.

Submission Instructions
https://ees.elsevier.com/vr/<https://ees.elsevier.com/vr>

Authors to select “VSI: Calibrating vision” as article type when submitting their special issue paper in EES.

Guide for Authors for more details is

https://www.elsevier.com/journals/vision-research/0042-6989/guide-for-authors<https://www.elsevier.com/journals/vision-research/0042-6989/guide-for-authors>