[visionlist] IMRF2020 postponed to June 07-10 2021 in Ulm, Germany

Marc Ernst marc.ernst at uni-ulm.de
Wed Jul 15 05:24:44 -04 2020

Dear participants of the IMRF,

Although, the COVID-19 situation is getting better in some places around the world, it is still getting worse in a lot of other places, and travelling to and from Germany is still far away from normal. Additionally, distancing restrictions apply and will likely apply for quite some more time (maybe until a vaccination has been found), which would not allow us to host as many people as anticipated at the venue we reserved in October 2020.

As many other conferences, we also considered moving to an online format for the IMRF meeting (https://cops.ifp.uni-ulm.de/imrf2020/). However, we feel the community would not benefit as much as having a meeting in person. Therefore, we decided to postpone the IMRF meeting once again (and hopefully for the last time) to June 07-10, 2021.

Abstract submission and registration will stay open. All abstracts already submitted will further be considered. However, as there may be new data or insights gathered even during the COVID-19 pandemic, you can of course log on and adapt your abstracts until the new deadline for abstract submission. Same applies for the symposia already accepted. However, as the symposia have already gone through a review process, we would check these changes again and in case of substantial revisions we would probably re-review them again. We will announce the new deadlines for submission and registration in due time. The abstract submission and registration page can be found here: https://cops.ifp.uni-ulm.de/imrf2020/index.php/imrf-2020/registration-submission/

Also for those who already registered, your registrations will stay valid. Others can register at any time. The new registration deadlines will also be announced soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience this second postponement may cause and thanks for your understanding.

Be safe and stay healthy!!!!

Best,
Mac Ernst on behalf of the IMRF Organizers.